The Bower 16mm T2.2 Cine Lens for Micro Four Thirds is a wide-angle lens optimized for digital cinematography. The lens produces an image circle that will cover APS-C sized sensors or smaller. The focus and aperture rings feature industry-standard 0.8 pitch gearing for attaching a follow focus unit. The aperture ring is also de-clicked to allow for smooth iris pulls while shooting. Focus, aperture, and depth of field markings are on the side of the lens to aid focus pullers, who typically operate on the side of the camera.
The 16mm T2.2 lens is constructed out of 13 individual elements in 11 groups, including one aspherical and one hybrid aspherical element. Aspherical elements help minimize unwanted distortion and chromatic aberrations. The lens also has a multi-layer coating to reduce flares and maintain image contrast in bright conditions.
With an angle of view of 67.6°, the lens is well-suited for shooting landscapes, architecture, and for use in tight interior locations. A maximum aperture of T2.2 means that the lens is effective in low-light shooting and can produce a shallow depth of field when the lens is closer to the subject. The lens has a minimum focus distance of 7.87". A bayonet-mount lens hood and lens pouch come included with the lens.
- 16mm lens with 67.6° angle-of-view
- Image Circle covers APS-C sized sensors
- Industry Standard 0.8 pitch gearing on focus and iris rings
- De-clicked aperture for smooth focus pulls
- 13 elements in 11 groups with an aspherical and a hybrid aspherical lens element
- Ultra Multi Coating on lens minimizes flares and ghosting
- Depth of Field markings on side of the lens
- A minimum focusing distance of 7.87 inches
- Includes bayonet mount lens hood