The black Xperia L C2104 8GB Smartphone from Sony features an 8-megapixel rear camera with an Exmor RS sensor for capturing high quality photos. The Xperia L also supports High Dynamic Range (HDR), which captures the same image in different exposure levels and then fuses them together, resulting in a picture with natural colors. With support for GSM and HSPA+ cellular networks, the Xperia L also supports Bluetooth wireless technology and Wi-Fi networks for added connectivity.
The Xperia L also features One-touch functions from Sony with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. One-touch sharing allows you to share media files with another NFC-enabled smartphone, tablet, or laptop by simply tapping the devices together. One-touch mirroring allows you to view photos and videos on your NFC-enabled Sony BRAVIA HDTV. To activate one-touch mirroring, simply tap your Xperia L to the BRAVIA remote. One-touch listening lets you play music wirelessly to Bluetooth speakers while one-touch backup stores all your important information on the Sony Personal Content Station (sold separately).
With a slim, lightweight design, the Xperia L also features an aluminum power button, illuminated alerts, and a highlighted camera ring for added style and convenience. The 4.3" display is also a capacitive touchscreen. Since the screen relies on multi-touch gestures, the screen is scratch-resistant. The 4.3" display has a 16:9 aspect ratio and an 854 x 480 native resolution, resulting in 227 pixels per inch. The screen can also display up to 16.7 million colors.
The Xperia L has a dual-core 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and 1GB of RAM for fast, reliable performance. The Xperia L also has 8GB of internal storage, but it can also be expanded up to 32GB, thanks to the microSD media card slot.
The Xperia L runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, which allows for full home screen customization, custom widgets, drag-and-drop controls, and access to thousands of apps and media in the Google Play Store.
The 8-megapixel rear camera features the Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor, which is an evolution of Sony's image sensor technology. The Sony Exmor RS is a CMOS image sensor that adopts a unique stacked structure. This structure layers the pixel section, which contains formations of back-illuminated pixels over the chip affixed with mounted circuits for signal processing. This allows for more surface area of the sensor to be dedicated to gathering light, resulting in lower noise and better low light capability. In addition to the higher image quality and better functionality, the use of a stacked structure has helped Sony to achieve a more compact size for the camera.
With a 4x digital zoom, the Sony Xperia L utilizes High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging technology in order to capture clear photos against a strong backlight. With HDR, the Sony Xperia L captures the same image at different exposure levels and layers them to create one optimized photo. A dedicated tactile camera button is located on the Sony Xperia L so you can take a picture even from the lock screen, thanks to the fast-capture feature. The Sony Xperia L also has a front-facing camera for video chatting. Other features include:
- face detection
- fast capture
- photo flash
- image stabilizer
- quick launch
- send-to-web option
- smile detection
- image sensor
- video stabilizer
- red-eye reduction
- touch capture
- touch focus
- video light
- Wireless Communication
The Sony Xperia L is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 3.5G HSPA+ capable. HSPA+ is a cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds much faster than standard 3G; in some cases, HSPA+ comes close to 4G LTE speeds, but is more widely available than LTE because it uses 3G networks. With an HSPA+ connection, this phone should have no problem streaming video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 2G data networks for instances when you can't get an HSPA+ signal. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Please note that the Sony Xperia L is not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports. You can check which bands this phone works with within the Specifications.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- The Sony Xperia L features the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, which has a user-friendly interface, and is designed for intuitive multi-touch navigation. You can customize your home screen with frequently used apps and widgets, as well as create folders and shortcuts to often used items like system settings and bookmarked webpages. With the Android operating system, you will also have access to the Google Play Store, which offers a vast library of apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. And with native mass storage support, you can have your Android device interface with a computer for file management and content sharing.
- The Sony Xperia L houses a 1.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and 1GB of RAM for high performance. There is also 8GB of internal storage, but it can be expanded up to 32GB via the microSD card slot.
- The Sony Xperia L has a 4.3" capacitive touchscreen capable of supporting multi-touch gestures. To ensure the screen holds up to constant use, the display is also scratch-resistant. With a 854 x 480 native resolution and up to 228 pixels per inch (ppi), the Sony Xperia L provides up to 16.7 million colors for a vibrant display. The Sony Xperia L can also record in 720p as well as play 3GPP and MP5 video formats.
- With aGPS technology, the Sony Xperia L can provide accurate location-based navigation. Additionally, you'll also be able to use third-party apps, such as Google Maps, in order to get directions via car or public transportation as well as view locations in Street View.
- Get the xLoud experience with the Sony Xperia L and its audio filter technology. With playback support for MP3, 3GPP, MP4, SMF, WAV, OTA, OGG, and FLAC audio formats, the Sony Xperia L enhances your listening experience with Sony ClearAudio+ technology. If you hear a song you like, but don't know the name or who sings it, you can use the Sony TrackID music recognition app to find out. You'll also be able to get album art for your newly-discovered band or musician. The Sony Xperia L also has an FM radio with RDS built-in so you'll be able to catch your favorite stations while on the go.
- Sony One-Touch
- Sony features one-touch functions using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology with the Sony Xperia L. NFC allows the Sony Xperia L to share files with another NFC-enabled device with a single tap. One-touch sharing is the primary function of NFC, which allows you to share music, photos, and videos with another NFC-enabled smartphone, tablet, or laptop by simply tapping the two devices together. There are other functions of NFC that Sony takes advantage of, such as one-touch mirroring, which allows you to see photos from your Sony Xperia L on a Sony NFC-enabled BRAVIA HDTV. Simply tap the Sony Xperia L to the BRAVIA remote. One-touch listening allows you play music from your Sony Xperia L to a pair of NFC-enabled Bluetooth wireless speakers. One-touch backup works in conjunction with the Sony Personal Content Station, which is a wireless hub for photos and videos sold separately by Sony.