The unlocked, red Xperia ZL C6506 16GB Smartphone from Sony features a 13-megapixel rear camera with the Exmor RS sensor for capturing high quality photos. The Xperia ZL also supports High Dynamic Range (HDR), which captures the same image in different exposure levels and then fuses them together, resulting in a picture with natural colors. There is also a Superior Auto mode, where the Xperia ZL combines scene recognition with high performance image processing technology so you'll be able to capture photos with automated optimal settings.
With support for the GSM cellular networks, the Xperia ZL also supports Bluetooth wireless technology and Wi-Fi networks for added connectivity. The Xperia ZL also supports LTE connectivity for high speed mobile broadband access.
The Xperia ZL features a 5" capacitive touchscreen that supports multi-touch gestures. Since the screen will see a lot of action, it is coated with a scratch-resistant finish. As for the display itself, it has a 1920 x 1080 native resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio, so you'll be able to watch Full HD 1080p content without upscaling or letterboxing. The combination of the 1080p resolution and the 5" screen provides 441 pixels per inch (ppi) and up to 16.7 million colors for a crystal clear and vibrant display.
The Xperia ZL also features One-touch functions from Sony with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. One-touch sharing allows you to share media files with another NFC-enabled smartphone, tablet, or laptop by simply tapping the devices together. One-touch mirroring allows you to view photos and videos on your NFC-enabled Sony BRAVIA HDTV. To activate one-touch mirroring, simply tap your Xperia ZL to the BRAVIA remote. One-touch listening lets you play music wirelessly to Bluetooth speakers while one-touch backup stores all your important information on the Sony Personal Content Station (sold separately)
The Xperia ZL has a quad-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and 2GB of RAM for fast, reliable performance. The Xperia ZL also has 16GB of internal storage, but it can also be expanded up to 32GB, thanks to the microSDHC media card slot.
The Xperia ZL runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, which allows for full home screen customization, custom widgets, drag-and-drop controls, and access to thousands of apps and media in the Google Play Store.
- 13-Megapixel Camera with Exmor RS for Mobile Image Sensor
The 13-megapixel rear camera features an Exmor RS for mobile image sensor. Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensors' feature a unique stacked structure that allows for even more light gathering ability then even back-side illuminated image sensors, leading to less noise and better low light ability in a more compact size. In front of the sensor is a f/2.4 aperture lens that also helps produce sharp pictures even in low light.
The Xperia ZL also features a 16x digital zoom and High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging technology in order to capture clear photos against a strong backlight. With Superior Auto mode, the Xperia ZL combines scene recognition with high quality and high performance image processing technology to capture photos with automated optimal settings. With HDR, the Xperia ZL captures the same image at different exposure levels and layers them to create one optimized photo. The Xperia ZL also has a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting and can record in 1080p. Other features include:
- Auto Focus
- Continuous Burst Mode
- Face Detection
- Flash/pulsed LED
- Flash/photo Light
- HD Video Recording (1080p)
- Picture Effects
- Red-eye Reduction
- Send-to-web Option
- Smile Shutter
- Superior Auto
- Sweep Panorama
- GSM / LTE Wireless Connectivity
The Xperia ZL is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 4G LTE capable. LTE is an advanced cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds so fast that they compete with wired broadband internet providers. With an LTE connection, this phone should have no problem streaming HD video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high-speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 3G and 2G data for instances when you can't get LTE. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Near Field Communication (NFC), Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Please note that the Xperia ZL is not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports. You can check which bands this phone works with in the Specifications.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- The Xperia ZL features the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. With a user-friendly interface, and is designed for intuitive multi-touch navigation. You can customize your home screen with frequently used apps and widgets, as well as create folders and shortcuts to often used items like system settings and bookmarked webpages. With the Android operating system, you will also have access to the Google Play Store, which offers a vast library of apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. And with native mass storage support, you can have your Android device interface with a computer for file management and content sharing.
- Durable Tempered Glass Design
- The Xperia ZL has a tempered glass design with anti-shatter film for added durability. In addition to being scratch-resistant, the Xperia ZL houses a quad-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and 1GB of RAM for high performance. There is also 16GB of internal storage, but it can be expanded up to 32GB via the microSDHC card slot.
- 5" Capacitive Touchscreen Display
- The Xperia ZL has a 5" capacitive touchscreen capable of supporting multi-touch gestures. To ensure the screen holds up to constant use, the screen is also made of durable tempered glass for scratch resistance as well as has an anti-shatter film. With a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio, the Xperia ZL provides 441 pixels per inch (ppi) and up to 16.7 million colors for a clear, vibrant display. The Xperia ZL features Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 technology, which delivers a high quality viewing experience by adding real-time contrast optimization, sharpness enhancement, color management, and noise reduction.
- With aGPS technology, the Xperia ZL can provide accurate location-based navigation. Additionally, you'll also be able to use third-party apps, such as Google Maps, in order to get directions via car or public transportation as well as view locations in Street View.
- Get the xLoud experience with the Xperia ZL and its audio filter technology. With playback support for MP3, 3GPP, MP4, SMF, WAV, OTA, and OGG audio formats, the Xperia ZL enhances your listening experience with Sony ClearAudio+ technology. If you hear a song you like, but don't know the name or who sings it, you can use the Sony TrackID music recognition app to find out. You'll also be able to get album art for your newly discovered band or musician. The Xperia ZL also has a FM radio with RDS built-in so you'll be able to catch your favorite stations while on the go.
- Sony One-Touch
- Sony features one-touch functions using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology with the Xperia ZL. NFC allows the Xperia ZL to share files with another NFC-enabled device with a single tap. One-touch sharing is the primary function of NFC, which allows you to share music, photos, and videos with another NFC-enabled smartphone, tablet, or laptop by simply tapping the two devices together. There are other functions of NFC that Sony takes advantage of, such as one-touch mirroring, which allows you to see photos from your Xperia ZL on a Sony NFC-enabled BRAVIA HDTV. Simply tapping the Xperia ZL to the BRAVIA remote. One-touch listening allows you play music from your Xperia ZL to a pair of NFC-enabled Bluetooth wireless speakers. One-touch backup works in conjunction with the Sony Personal Content Station, which is wireless hub for photos and videos sold separately by Sony.
- Battery STAMINA Mode
- Improve the standby time on the Xperia ZL with Battery STAMINA Mode. As an intelligent battery management system, the Xperia ZL will shut down battery-draining apps running in the background as soon as the screen turns off. When you wake the Xperia ZL back up, the apps are automatically started back up. If you're worried about missing notifications from your email or social media networks, the Battery STAMINA Mode allows you to customize which apps you want to stay active even when the screen is off.