The orange Fujifilm FinePix XP70 Digital Camera is a compact, rugged point-and-shoot featuring a 16.4 megapixel 1/2.3" CMOS sensor and a waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, and dustproof construction for recording both high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080i/p movies in a wide variety of conditions. A 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-140mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives, and sensor-shift image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake when working with longer zoom magnifications or in low-light conditions. A 2.7" 460k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring as well as playback and review of both still and moving images.
Additionally, the XP70 features built-in one-touch Wi-Fi connectivity to enable direct transferring of images between the camera and iOS or Android devices for instant sharing online.
- Rugged Design
Featuring a durable, weather-proof design, the XP70 is designed for use in harsh conditions:
- Waterproof to 33' / 10.1m
- Shockproof from 5' / 1.5m
- Freezeproof to 14°F / -10°C
- Sand and dust-proof
- Fujinon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- A 5x optical zoom lens is integrated into the camera's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-140mm. To better render a clear, sharp image, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake to benefit working in low-light conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. Aspherical lens elements are incorporated into the lens construction to reduce aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. For even greater reach, Intelligent Digital Zoom is available and can effectively double the zoom magnification to 10x with minimal loss in image quality.
- 16.4MP CMOS Sensor and Full HD Video
The 16.4 megapixel 1/2.3" CMOS sensor is able to deliver high resolution imagery and full HD video with tremendous quality and notable low-light performance to ISO 6400. High speed shooting up to 10 full-resolution frames per second is possible, as well as up to 60 fps shooting at a lower resolution, and easily accessible via the dedicated Burst Mode Button.
The sensor also lends itself to recording full HD 1080i/p videos, at 60 or 30 fps, in the H.264 format. Scene recognition modes are available during recording as well as the ability to record high speed movies up to 380 fps. Sound is recorded via a built-in monaural microphone and an integrated wind noise filter as well as noise cancellation helps to deliver clean recorded audio. Video playback is possible on an HDTV directly from the camera through an HDMI connection. Additionally, movie editing features can also be employed in-camera, giving you the ability to trim clips and join multiple clips together.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows for instant sharing of images directly to an Android or iOS mobile device, and is easily accessible via a dedicated Wi-Fi button on the back of the camera. When used in combination with the free Fujifilm Camera Remote app, you can browse the image contents from the memory card within the camera and transfer photos and movies directly to a mobile device or PC or upload straight to social networking and image sharing sites.
- Other Camera Features
- Action Camera mode allows you to record HD movies while participating in sports or activities at the same time. When working in this mode and using an optional mounting device, the LCD monitor will automatically turn off once recording has begun in order to preserve battery life.
- A 2.7" 460k-dot LCD monitor with anti-reflective coating is available for clear live view monitoring, image review, and menu navigation for employing a host of camera settings and features.
- An incorporated front grip and rear thumb rest help to ensure stable one-handed holding of the camera during use.
- A double-locking battery compartment provides added security against accidental opening of the battery compartment when working in harsh conditions.
- 10 Advanced Filters are available to further enhance the aesthetic quality of imagery, including: Pop Color, Toy Camera, Miniature, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple), High-Key, Low-Key, Dynamic Tone, Fisheye, Soft Focus, and Cross Screen.
- Motion Panorama 360 allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- A wide variety of shooting modes and scene positions are available to help creatively control and adjust the exposure settings of the camera. Modes include: SR AUTO, AUTO, Program AE, Action Camera, Pro Low-Light, HDR (Dynamic Range), Natural Light & with Flash, Portrait, Landscape, Adv., Motion Panorama 360, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Underwater, Underwater (Macro), Party, Flower, and Text.
- Tracking Autofocus works to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects, even when working at the long end of the zoom range.
- Pro Low-light Mode is ideally suited to working with stationary subjects and helps to increase sensitivity and lessen noise by compositing four exposures into a single frame for greater image clarity.
- Dynamic Range (HDR) uses multi frame technology to capture three consecutive images of the same scene (one over-exposed, one under-exposed, and one normally-exposed) and combines the three into a single image in order to garner more highlight and shadow detail than is possible with a single exposure.
- Natural Light & with Flash automatically records two images (one with flash, one without) for those instances where you can't decide the better way to photograph in darker situations.
- Face Detection optimizes photographs of people by detecting and biasing exposure and focus settings on up to 10 faces present within the scene. This feature also helps to reduce red-eye in flash-lit subjects.
- A Face Detection Timer Function will automatically release the shutter, balance the exposure, and set the proper focus once the specified number and position of faces in a scene are detected.
- Built-in social networking allows you to pre-tag and label images and video in-camera prior to offloading the imagery to your computer. Once tagged and delegated to the social platform of your choice, the images will be automatically uploaded once you connect the camera to your computer.