Play 2D and 3D Blu-ray discs, DVDs and CDs with the Toshiba BDX5500 Symbio 4K Upscaling Wi-Fi and 3D Blu-ray Disc Player. This Blu-ray player supports multiple output resolutions up to 2160p (4K) from its HDMI output and can upscale video to near 1080p and 4K video quality. This model features built-in streaming apps, which gives you access to a library of free and subscription-based Internet streaming content. For high-speed Internet connectivity, this Blu-ray player incorporates Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Additionally, built-in MediaShare (DLNA) and Miracast technology allow you to wirelessly share content between the Blu-ray player other DLNA and Miracast compatible devices.
The HDMI output supports high-resolution audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Essential for dynamic multi-channel surround sound. The Blu-ray player's USB port allows you to connect devices such as thumb drives for easy playback of multimedia files. With a width and depth of 7.9", this Blu-ray player was designed to have a small footprint. As an ENERGY STAR rated device, this Blu-ray player was designed to keep power consumption to a minimum.
- Symbio Media Connectivity
- Apps: NetFlix, YouTube, Vudu Movies, Picasa, DailyMotion and more
- Smart TV Alliance (STA) App Capability
- Enhanced ePortal GUI
- Open Web Browser with Bookmarks
- Wireless Display Compatible (Miracast)
- Additional Features
- Square Design with Slot Loading Tray
- Illuminated Touch Control Front Panel
- Power On LED Indicator
- HDMI CEC compatible
- Discrete IR Code
- Output Resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p at 24fps, 2160p