The white Canon 8GB Legria HF R46 Full HD Camcorder with WiFi records up to 1920 x 1080p 50 fps HD video directly onto 8GB of internal memory or a removable media card. The camcorder also takes 1920 x 1080 still photos as JPEGs. It is designed to be compatible with the European/PAL broadcasting standard. The camcorder incorporates 8GB of internal memory, and supports SD/SDHC/SDXC media cards with up to 64GB capacity. The camera can record in either AVCHD or MP4, and you can choose to record both simultaneously one to the internal memory, and available removable media. It features a 1/4.85" CMOS image sensor and Canon's DIGIC DV4 image processor to provide detailed, life-like images. The HF R46 also employs a 32x optical zoom lens with a 2.8 to 89.6mm focal length range, and image stabilization. The 3" LCD touch screen display, allows you to select and adjust the cameras settings.
The camcorder features built in WiFi, this allows you to connect to the camera and control it with your compatible Smartphone to view playback and transfer files wirelessly. Features also include Intelligent IS, image stabilization, Cinema-Look Filters for adding a cinematic feel to your footage while shooting, and several scene mode selections that help you cope with difficult shooting situations. There is even a Baby mode, which optimizes the cameras settings for recording the unique skin qualities of babies. The Legria HF R46 provides Audio modes that optimize your audio settings for different sound recording situations. You can choose to adjust your audio record levels manually, or set them to automatic. The camcorder also features a headphone jack so you can clearly hear what you are recording.
- PAL Standard
- The HF R46 camcorder is designed for use outside of North America. It's made for countries that support the PAL color encoding system. This camcorder is not compatible with TVs and HDTVs in the United States and Canada.
- Full HD CMOS Sensor
- The sensor captures 1920 x 1080p 50, for smooth video that avoids the temporal artifacts associated with interlaced footage. The camcorder records still photos at 1920 x 1080 resolution as JPEGs. When recording MP4 movies at 4 Mb/s the photos are recorded at 1280 x 720. Photos can be recorded at the same time you are shooting video, except during a fade in/out.
- WiFi with MP4 Support
- Built-in WiFi lets you wirelessly share your creations to social networking sites and view your videos on DLNA certified TVs and iOS devices. Support for MP4 format ensures quick transfer times of HD movies.
- 32x Optical, 53x Advanced, 1060x Digital Zoom
- A Canon HD video lens with 32x optical zoom lets you get close up shots of your subject without the lose of resolution a digital zoom causes. The 53x advanced zoom allows you to extend the optical zoom with minimal loss in resolution. You can use the digital zoom feature to zoom into the image 1060x, but this can lead to significant loss of resolution.
- Intelligent IS
- Intelligent selects the best stabilization based on your shooting method.
- Cinema Mode & Cinema-Look Filters
- You can choose to shoot in cinema mode, which adjusts the frame rate and image related settings to add a cinematic look to your footage. You can add cinema-look filters to the image for further effect. The camcorder offers seven different filters such as: Cinema Standard, Vivid, Cool, Nostalgic, Sepia, Old Movie, and Dramatic B & W.
- Scene Modes
- Portrait: The camcorder uses a large iris aperture providing separation of the in focus foreground from the background.
- Sports: Adjusts the camcorder's setting to capture the fast moving sports action.
- Night Scene: Use when shooting nightscapes.
- Snow: Select this when shooting scenes where snow covers the background.
- Beach: Similar to Snow, use this setting when shooting on a beach, to prevent your foreground subjects from becoming underexposed.
- Sunset: Adjusts the camera to record a sunset shot with vivid colors.
- Low Light: For shooting in low light situations, such as a recording a sleeping child in a dark room.
- Spotlight: This setting is used when shooting a situation such as a play or performance, when the subject is lit by a strong spotlight.
- Fireworks: select this mode when recording fireworks.
- 8GB Dual Flash Memory & SDXC Card Slot
- The LEGRIA HF R46 features 8GB of internal memory. You can record Full HD movies directly to the internal memory, or an available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card.
- Dual or Relay Recording
When recording AVDHD on either the internal storage or onto a removable media card, you can record to MP4 on the other at the same time. You can also select relay recording, which will span the recording across the internal memory and the removable media.
Note: there will be a momentary stop in the scene at the point the recording switches from one memory to the other.
- Store Direct to External HDD
- Copy movies directly from the built-in memory or SD card slot to an external hard drive.
- LCD Touch Screen
- Operation is easy with a high-resolution 3" (7.5 cm) gesture-based touch-screen LCD display, which gives you intuitive fingertip control of settings and simplifies playback.
- Smart Auto
- Smart Auto selects the best settings for the scene you are shooting.
- Face Detection
- The camera automatically detects people's faces; you can select different settings for different people. The camcorder can track people or other subjects you select, and have the camera track and keep them in focus.
- Automatic or user-control backlight compensation.
- TTL white balance with Auto, as well as Daylight and Tungsten presets, and manual/custom white balance.
- 10 second self-timer.
- Search video files by date.
- Manual touch screen LCD control and touch focus control.
- Dolby Digital 2-channel (AC-3) audio recording with internal mic.
- Manual audio recording level control.
- Terminals include: Mini-AB USB 2.0 port, AV composite/Headphone jack, HDMI v 1.3 and a built-in charger jack.