The 4TB My Cloud EX2 2-Bay Personal Cloud Storage Server from Western Digital is a 2-bay network attached storage device designed to be the central location where you store and backup your data. Simply insert the drives into the My Cloud EX2 and utilize a variety of RAID configurations including RAID 0, 1, JBOD, and spanning modes to suit your specific storage needs. This also server comes equipped with a 1.2 GHz processor and 512 MB of DDR3 RAM ensuring smooth operation even under the most demanding conditions.
Whether using the My Cloud EX2 on a Windows or a Mac based computer you can rest assured your data will remain secure with a variety of backup options including RAID 1, USB, cloud or LAN/WAN backup options. Simply attach the server to your network via the integrated Ethernet port located on the back of the device. Once connected, you can utilize the many apps that let you manage your data at home or on the go, and even receive notifications with regard to the status of your data and your drives via email and mobile alerts.
While the My Cloud EX2 can be used as a media storage device, it also comes equipped with features including iSCSI target, FTP services, jumbo frame support, iPv4/iPv6 support, UPS support (USB and network), real-time resource monitor, volume encryption with boot-up password, SNMP and virtual volumes. Each of these features ensures the My Cloud EX2 can be deployed in a variety of business environments, as it can support a wide number of network protocols, a variety of file systems, and much more all while keeping your files secure with Active Directory support and 256-bit AES volume encryption.
- Drive Management
- Control your data with multiple drive management options including RAID 0, 1, JBOD and spanning modes.
- Data Protection
- Secure your data from loss with RAID 1, USB, cloud or LAN/WAN backup depending upon your data security needs.
- Easy to Manage
- Monitor drives, manage users and utilize energy-saving features. Email and mobile alerts keep you informed on My Cloud EX2 status.
- Mobile and Desktop Apps
- With WD's My Cloud apps, you can upload, access and share your documents from virtually anywhere. Conveniently transfer files from your public cloud accounts to My Cloud EX2 using the mobile app.
- Apps to Customize Your NAS
- With apps like aMule, Transmission, Icecast, Joomla!, phpBB, phpMyAdmin, SqueezeCenter, and more you can customize nearly every aspect of the My Cloud EX2.
- Advanced Serving Options
- Integrated file serving options include a standard file server, FTP server, backup server and P2P torrent download server.
- Stream Media to Your Connected Devices
- Stream videos and photos to connected TV, media players, gaming consoles, and other DLNA/UPnP devices. You also benefit from a Twonky DLNA-certified media server. And with My Cloud EX2 iTunes support, you can easily stream your music collection.
- Back Up, Your Way
- Protect your data with remote backup to another My Cloud EX2 or My Cloud EX4, integrated cloud backup or LAN/WAN backup. Enjoy peace of mind with WD SmartWare Pro for PC users and Apple Time Machine compatibility for Mac users.
- Expand Your Capacity
- Attach a compatible USB hard drive directly to one of the two USB 3.0 expansion ports on My Cloud EX2 and instantly expand your storage capacity.
- Energy-Saving Features
- Save energy with disk spin-down and scheduled power on/off.
- Your Own Personal Cloud
- Keep all your content in one safe place at home or your office and access it from anywhere with computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Advanced Features
- Utilize a full suite of advanced features to power your home office including iSCSI target, full-featured FTP services, jumbo frame support, iPv4/iPv6 ready, UPS support (USB and network), real-time resource monitor, volume encryption with boot-up password, SNMP and virtual volumes.