The mineral ash black ATIV Book 9 Plus NP940X3G-K06US 13.3" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from Samsung features a 13.3" QHD+ LED-backlit display and a large 3200 x 1800 native resolution, resulting in 275 pixels per inch (ppi). The display is also a capacitive touchscreen with 10-point touch support so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8.1. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, it supports 1080p Full HD content natively without upscaling. You can also output video to an external display via the micro-HDMI port or using Intel Wireless Display (WiDi).
The system is powered by a dual-core 4th generation Haswell 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5-4200U processor. It also has 4GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, a 3-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet (via the included dongle), 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), an integrated webcam and dual array microphones. There are also built-in stereo speakers with high definition audio support.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus
- 13.3" QHD+ LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus has a 13.3" LED-backlit display with an enormous 3200 x 1800 native resolution. With 275 pixels per inch (ppi), you'll be able to experience sharp text, detailed picture quality and vibrant color. The screen is also a 10-point capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8.1. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, you'll be able to play 1080p Full HD content natively. You can also output video to an external display via the micro-HDMI port.
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus houses a Haswell Intel Core i5-4200U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.6 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The fourth generation Haswell processor uses low voltage, which provides better battery life. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores into 4 virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking.
- Intel Wireless Display
- The 13.3" QHD+ LED-backlit widescreen display works great while on the road, but the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus also lets you stream content to your HDTV wirelessly. With built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology in the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus, you can view all your photos and videos wirelessly on an Intel WiDi compatible external display. You can also use displays without built-in Intel WiDi technology by using an optional TV adapter. Experience all your content in full 1080p HD on your big-screen HDTV.
- Samsung SideSync
- Your smartphone and the ATIV Book 9 Plus sync together with Samsung SideSync. Docking automatically syncs all files on your smartphone with the ATIV Book 9 Plus. It also charges your smartphone as well. Move freely between the ATIV Book 9 Plus and your smartphone while using the wireless keyboard and mouse for both. Copy and paste from the ATIV Book 9 Plus to your smartphone and vice versa. Drag and drop files and view them on your smartphone. Virtual Phone lets you view your phone on your PC screen in a variety of sizes, while enjoying all your phone functions. Draw on your virtual phone using your mouse with On-Screen Drawing. Record your drawing and view the video on your smartphone.
- Samsung HomeSync Lite
- Use your ATIV Book 9 Plus as a cloud hub. You'll be able to easily sync your devices with Samsung HomeSync Lite. Back up content on your ATIV Book 9 Plus. Make your ATIV Book 9 Plus a cloud hub where photos, videos, music and files from your devices are stored. Store all your data on the 128GB solid state drive of the ATIV Book 9 Plus. When devices are synced with Samsung HomeSync Lite, take a photo on your phone, and it's instantly uploaded to your ATIV Book 9 Plus, ready to be viewed on all connected devices. Create a home cloud with Samsung HomeSync Lite.
- Stay Connected
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus utilizes 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi so you'll be able to connect to wireless networks with ease. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also included, which allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and accessories. You can also use a wired 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connection with the included dongle.
- Samsung SuperBright Technology
- The display of this ATIV Book 9 Plus is capable of achieving a brightness of 350 nits. The display's high brightness allows this ATIV Book 9 to be used in brightly lit environments that produce glare, such as outdoors in sunlight.
- USB 3.0
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus features USB 3.0, which has a high speed data transfer rate of 5 Gb/s. That's 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your USB 2.0-compliant devices.
- Included Samsung Apps
- Samsung SideSync, Samsung HomeSync Lite, S Player+, S PhotoStudio, Samsung SmartAdvisor
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.