The marble white ATIV Book 9 Lite NP915S3G-K05US 13.3" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from Samsung features a compact design that weighs 3.48 pounds. The ATIV Book 9 Lite measures just 0.69" thin while closed, giving it a slim profile and making it easy to pack into a bag.
The 13.3" widescreen display features LED backlighting, which is more energy efficient than CCFL backlighting. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, supported by integrated AMD Radeon HD 8250 graphics. The display is a capacitive touchscreen with 10-point touch support, so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8.1.
The system is powered by a 1.4 GHz AMD quad-core processor, which is optimized for Samsung. It has 4GB of onboard 1066 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, and a 3-in-1 media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated 720p HD webcam and microphone. There are also 1.5-watt built-in stereo speakers with HD Audio and SoundAlive technology.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite
- Quad-Core AMD Performance
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite houses a quad-core 1.4 GHz AMD processor. Optimized for Samsung, the AMD processor utilizes a 2MB L2 cache and 4GB of onboard 1066 MHz DDR3L RAM to provide reliable performance. With a 128GB solid state drive, the ATIV Book 9 Lite can also boot up in 8 seconds and return from sleep mode in 2 seconds.
- 13.3" Widescreen LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite has a 13.3" LED-backlit display with a 1366 x 768 native resolution. The screen is a 10-point capacitive touchscreen, so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8.1. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, you'll be able to play 720p HD content natively with upscaling. You can also output video to an external display via the micro-HDMI port.
- Samsung SideSync
- Your smartphone and the ATIV Book 9 Lite sync together with Samsung SideSync. Docking automatically syncs all files on your smartphone with the ATIV Book 9 Lite. It also charges your smartphone as well. With SideSync, you can switch between the ATIV Book 9 Lite and your smartphone. Copy and paste from the ATIV Book 9 Lite to your smartphone and vice versa. Drag and drop files and view them on your smartphone. Virtual Phone lets you view your phone on your PC screen in a variety of sizes, while enjoying all your phone functions. Draw on your virtual phone using your mouse with On-Screen Drawing. Record your drawing and view the video on your smartphone.
- Samsung HomeSync Lite
- Use your ATIV Book 9 Lite as a cloud hub. You'll be able to easily sync your devices with Samsung HomeSync Lite. Back up content on your ATIV Book 9 Lite. Make your ATIV Book 9 Lite a cloud hub where photos, videos, music and files from your devices are stored. Store all your data on the 128GB solid state drive of the ATIV Book 9 Lite. When devices are synced with Samsung HomeSync Lite, take a photo on your phone, and it's instantly uploaded to your ATIV Book 9 Lite, ready to be viewed on all connected devices. Create a home cloud with Samsung HomeSync Lite.
- Internet Access
- For Internet access, you have a choice of using the 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack via the included LAN dongle or go wireless with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. You can use Bluetooth 4.0 to wirelessly connect to all your peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard.
- USB 3.0
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite features USB 3.0, which has a high speed data transfer rate of 5 Gb/s, which is 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your USB 2.0-compliant devices. The USB 3.0 port can also charge your portable devices.
- Included Samsung Apps
- Samsung SideSync, Samsung HomeSync Lite, S Player+, S PhotoStudio, Samsung SmartAdvisor
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.