The luminous titan XE503C32-K01US 13.3" Chromebook 2 Computer from Samsung is designed for a Web-optimized experience. With a simpler and more secure user interface than regular notebook computers, this Samsung Chromebook 2 features a fast and easy online experience.
The 13.3" widescreen display is backlit with LED lights for low power consumption and high energy efficiency. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, which can play Full HD 1080p content without upscaling or letterboxing. The screen also has an anti-glare finish so it can be used in brightly-lit environments. The Chromebook 2 can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
Measuring just 0.65" thin and weighing in at 3.09 pounds, the compact design provides ultra portability without compromising functionality and optimal performance. It has a unique leather-like design for an added stylish finish. It can also boot up in less than 10 seconds and resumes instantly so you can load your favorite websites and social networks quickly and smoothly.
The system is powered by a 2.0 GHz Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5800 processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3L RAM, 16GB of eMMC flash storage, a microSD card reader, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (ac will be supported via a later software update), Bluetooth 4.0, a TPM security module, a security lock slot, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
Google Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications. The Samsung Chromebook 2 combines the aspects of a pure cloud client with the hardware of a traditional portable computer, which puts it in its very own class of netbook and notebook computers.
- Chrome OS
- Using Linux as a base, Google designed Chrome OS to work exclusively with web applications. The user interface takes a minimalist approach, which greatly resembles the Google Chrome web browser. Chrome OS was built for people who spend a majority, if not all, of their time on the computer connected to the Internet. The only application that comes installed on Chrome OS is a special Google Chrome web browser with an integrated media player and file manager. All other applications are accessed by adding apps from the Google Chrome Web Store. Since Chrome OS relies entirely on Google's web apps and access to Google's services, it is highly recommended that you connect to the Internet to optimize your Chrome OS experience.
- Eight-Core Samsung Exynos 5 Octa Performance
- Powered by an eight-core 2.0 GHz Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5800 ARM-based processor, the Chromebook 2 allows for multitasking, while the integrated ARM graphics helps you get the most out of your favorite games and videos. You'll be able to keep pace with daily tasks such as email, Internet, homework, and managing household budgets. Run your favorite office and educational software and stay in touch with friends through social networks.
- 13.3" Antiglare LED-Backlit Display
- The Chromebook 2 houses a 13.3" widescreen display, which is backlit with LED lights for low power consumption and high energy efficiency. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution. The resolution allows the Chromebook 2 to play back Full HD 1080p content without upscaling or letterboxing. The screen also has an antiglare finish and a 250-nit brightness, which allows you to use the Chromebook 2 in brightly-lit environments.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0
The Chromebook 2 supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, which provides a high-speed connection to your home or office wireless network. Building on the foundation of 802.11n Wi-Fi, the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard can provide higher data transfer speeds, greater coverage, and reduced latency than its predecessor. The Chromebook 2 is backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi as well. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting to Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as a wireless mouse.
Please note that 802.11ac Wi-Fi will be supported in a future software update.
- Automatic Updates
- The Chromebook 2 is fast to use and doesn't slow down over time. It comes with built-in virus protection so you don't need to buy or install antivirus software. The Chromebook 2 also comes with apps for all your everyday needs and keeps your files safely backed up in the cloud. Please note that an Internet connection is required to get automatic updates.
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can provide data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 as well so you can use your older USB-compatible devices.
- Compact Design
- Measuring 0.65" thin and weighing just 3.09 pounds, the Chromebook 2 features a unique leather-like finish and sports a luminous titan color in a compact and stylish design.
- Fast Boot Up and Resume Times
- The Chromebook 2 boots up quickly as well as resumes instantly from where you left off, thanks to its 16GB eMMC flash storage.