The HTC Status 2.5GB AT&T Branded Smartphone has a built-in keyboard and offers quick access to Facebook. This smartphone is powered by a 800 MHz processor, and has 512MB of RAM. The phone includes 512MB of native storage in addition to another 2GB on a preinstalled microSD card, for a total of 2.5GB of internal storage. The integrated micro-USB 2.0 interface allows you to connect the device for mass-storage purposes, and also serves as a charging port.
The HTC Status has a 2.6" TFT LCD touchscreen display and features a 480 x 320 resolution. There is also a built-in QWERTY keyboard for tactile key input. The smartphone's dedicated Facebook button gives you quick access to status updates. For photo capturing and video-chatting, this smartphone features a 1.3-megapixel front camera and 5-megapixel rear camera. Autofocus is built-in and there's even an LED flash for taking pictures in low-light situations.
Bluetooth 3.0 is built-in for pairing with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, as well as 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi for high-speed Internet connectivity. A-GPS is on board for using Google location and maps services, and can also provide turn-by-turn directions. The removable 1,250mAh battery provides up to 6.5 hours of talk time, and up 26.5 days of standby time.
- GSM / 3G Wireless Connectivity
This phone is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 3G capable. 3G is a cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds much faster than older 2G networks. With a 3G connection, this phone should have no problem streaming audio, browsing the web, checking email, or anything else that requires a data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 2G data networks for instances when you can't get a 3G signal. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
Note: Not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports. You can check which bands this phone works within the Specifications.
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
- The Android operating system features a user-friendly interface, and is designed for intuitive multi-touch navigation. You can customize your home screen with frequently used apps and widgets. With the Android operating system you will also have access to the Google Play Store, which offers a vast library or apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. With native mass storage support, you can interface your Android device to a computer for file management and content sharing
- QWERTY Keyboard
- In addition to the virtual keyboard that is part of the Android operating system, the HTC Status features QWERTY hardware keyboard with arrow navigation keys
- 2.6" Touchscreen Display
- The HTC Status features a 2.6" TFT touchscreen that supports up to 256k colors and is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass designed to provide scratch resistance and glare rejection
- 5MP Rear Camera
- The rear-facing camera takes up to 5MP stills and records video. A built-in LED can provide illumination while shooting video in dark situations and acts as a flash for still photos. In addition, there is a 1.3MP front-facing camera for self-portraits, video conferencing, and more
- Additional Features
- Camera app features tagging and face detection
- Alerts: Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, email, push email, IM
- Built-in loudspeaker
- 3.5mm headphone interface
- Micro-USB 2.0
- GPS for navigational support
- Java MIDP emulator
- SNS integration
- Predictive text input
- Pre-loaded Apps
- Browser, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, Google Talk, Picasa, Organizer, Document Viewer, Voice Memo