The black F.R.E.Q. 7 Surround Sound Gaming Headset from Mad Catz provides full immersion with Dolby Headphone technology 7.1-channel surround sound and high quality 50mm speakers and Neodymium magnets. The headset can even convert standard stereo sound into a three-dimensional surround mix with Dolby Pro Logic IIx. The F.R.E.Q. 7's tactile controls are all on ear so that you won't have to look around to adjust your settings.
For communicating with fellow players it features a detachable noise-canceling microphone. This mic even has an illuminated mute notification where the mic lights up red when mute is activated. The headset also folds flat and has lightweight aluminum components for durability and a secure fit.
For connecting to a computer, it features both USB & 3.5mm cables. Also, with select smartphones from Apple, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows Phone 8, and HTC you can use the headset to answer phone calls. There is even a stand included for when the headset is not in use.
- Surround Sound with 50mm Speakers
- The large, 50mm speaker drivers feature Neodymium magnets to bring you high fidelity audio. The headset is even capable of high fidelity three-dimensional 7.1 surround sound through the use of Dolby Headphone technology.
- Detachable Noise-Canceling Microphone
- Able to detach for when you need it out of the way, the noise-canceling microphone ensures that ambient sounds are limited and your voice comes through loud and clear. It also has a red light that notifies you when mute is activated.
- Foldable Design
- The lightweight aluminum components and foldable design create a convenient and portable headset that you will have no issue traveling with.
- On-Ear Controls & Software Interface
- For rapid changes to volume, mute, or Dolby technology controls can be found on-ear. And, for more elaborate control a software interface in Windows' system tray gives you access to these as well as equalizer settings of Gaming, Music, and Voice.
- Compatible with Select MP3 Players & Smartphones
- With 3.5mm cable the headset can connect to MP3 players and smartphones and act as a standard headset to listen to music. With select Apple, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows Phone 8, and HTC phones, you can even use the mic to answer phone calls.