This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This PAL region red GZ-R10RE Quad-Proof HD Camcorder from JVC is designed to combine the ruggedness of an action camera with features, such as a zoom lens and flip-out LCD, more commonly found on camcorders. To justify being dubbed a "quad-proof" camera, the GZ-R10RE boasts a waterproof body that can be safely submerged down to 16.4', an impact resistance rating stating it will survive drops from up to 4.9', the ability to withstand freezing temperatures down to 14°F, and finally an IP5X dustproof rating.
The camcorder features a Konica Minolta 40x optical zoom lens that supports up to 60x dynamic zoom, a 3.0" "frameless" flip-out touchscreen LCD with a 230,000 dot resolution, and a full size SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot that can accept memory cards up to 128GB. The camera records Full HD (1920 x 1080p) video at up to 50 fps, and can take still photos up to 10MP. It can also capture 1920x1080 still images while simultaneously recording video.
At the heart of the imaging system on the GZ-R10RE is a 1/5.8", 2.5MP CMOS sensor that is back-illuminated to help reduce the space between photosites for better low-light performance. To help allow as much light as possible to pass through the lens, the camera features an f/1.8 maximum aperture when the lens is zoomed out to its widest setting.
Once done filming for the day, you can simply remove the card from the camera and place it in a card reader on your computer or even connect the camera directly to your computer via USB. Included in-camera is Pixela Everio MediaBrowser 4 for Windows. In addition, the 24 Mb/s AVCHD format the camera records in is supported by most popular editing programs such as Apple s Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
- Camera Features
- FALCONBRID image processor
- Konica Minolta HD lens
- Time-lapse recording
- Intelligent AUTO
- Super LoLux low-light mode
- Face Detection
- Auto Wind Cut
- Zoom microphone
- K2 audio restoration technology in record mode
- In-camera editing
- Fixed lens protector
- Silent Mode
- Up to 10MP Still Photos
- The camera features a 2.5MP native resolution sensor; in addition, it is possible to shoot still photos up to 10MP using the camera's FACLONBRID processor to interpolate (up-res) the images.
- In-Camera Effects
- To add visual enhancements to your movies the camcorder features a number of in-camera effects, including Rough Monochrome, Food Mode, and Baby Mode.
- The GZ-R10RE features a mini HDMI output as well as an AV output so you can enjoy your home movies right from the camera.
- 4.5 Hour Battery with USB Charging
- The camcorder features a long-lasting 4.5 hour internal battery. The battery is connecting it to a computer via a USB port, or by using the included AC Adapter with USB power adapter cable.
- Included Software
- For Windows users, the camera includes Pixela Everio MediaBrowser 4 solutions software to help you choose the clips you want and transfer them to your computer.