The GT70 DominatorPro-890 17.3" Notebook Computer from MSI is a high-performance notebook, built with gaming and multimedia use in mind. The chassis features a bold design with an aluminum body kit and a black finish.
The 17.3" widescreen display features LED backlighting, which uses less power than CCFL backlighting. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M graphics card with 8GB of discrete memory. The display can play Full HD 1080p content natively without upscaling. The screen also has an anti-reflective finish, which reduces glare in brightly lit environments.
The system is powered by a 4th generation Haswell quad-core 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-4800MQ processor. It also has 12GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive, a Blu-ray Disc burner, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Dynaudio Tech stereo speakers and a subwoofer.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
MSI GT70 DominatorPro-890
- Quad-Core Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- This MSI notebook houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4800MQ processor. Its quad cores have a stock speed of 2.7 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.7 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 12GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to game as well as multitask smoothly and efficiently.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M Graphics
- Built for a visually stunning gaming experience, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M arms you with industry-leading technologies including DirectX 11 support, dynamic PhysX effects, CUDA, and more. Based on NVIDIA's Kepler GPU architecture, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M provides optimal performance per watt. The SMX streaming multiprocessor is twice as efficient as the prior generation and the new geometry engine draws triangles twice as fast. The result is reliable performance, power efficiency and high image quality.
- Full HD 17.3" Anti-Reflective Display
- The 17.3" display has an anti-reflective screen designed to cut down on the amount of light that reflects off the display, reducing eyestrain and sharpening the picture to provide a more enjoyable viewing experience. The display also has a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution so you can play 1080p HD content natively in deep black levels and vibrant color.
- Killer Gaming Network
- For an online multiplayer, the slightest bit of lag will throw off your game. That's why this MSI GT70 has a 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack to ensure you have the support for a fast-wired Internet connection. With Killer Gaming Network, the MSI GS70 automatically classifies and prioritizes latency-sensitive network traffic for online games, HD video and high-quality audio for better control and fewer buffering interruptions during your online experience. If you're going mobile, the GT70 also supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi for high-speed wireless online gaming. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 support so you can connect a Bluetooth-compliant mouse or gamepad wirelessly to your MSI GT70.
- Blu-ray Disc Burner
- The MSI computer has a built-in Blu-ray Disc burner, which allows you to read and write Blu-ray Discs. The HDMI port allows you to output to an external display, such as an HDTV, in crystal clear high-definition video quality. You can also use the Mini DisplayPort for a compatible monitor.
- Gaming Keyboard by SteelSeries
- There is no exception for error when it comes to serious gaming. Play with precise control with anti-ghosting, which allows for simultaneous key presses and rapid response times.
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control, Network options and more
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it