The emerald green Autographer Wearable Digital Camera is a compact camera designed to be worn at all times to record consecutive images within automatically defined intervals. Using a 5MP low-light image sensor and a wide-angle lens, the camera employs five distinct sensors, plus a GPS module, to determine when to record imagery to showcase moments in a truly spontaneous and natural manner.
Up to 27,000 images can be stored on the camera's internal 8GB memory and an internal rechargeable battery provides enough power for up to 12 hours of continuous use. Once the images have been recorded, they can be handled using either the dedicated smartphone app or the pre-installed desktop software for navigating photos or creating movies of series of images. Additionally, during shooting, control over the camera's settings is possible from the smartphone app.
Since the Autographer is designed to be worn at all times, it features a minimalist form factor with a hidden OLED screen, two control buttons, and two methods for wearing. The OLED screen is front-facing and can be used to display how much memory capacity and battery life is remaining, as well as the current shooting settings. Of the two control buttons, one can be used to manually release the shutter while the other is used to change menu settings. In regard to wearing the Autographer, an integrated clip is available for attaching to clothing or a detachable lanyard is included for wearing around the neck.
- Intelligent Wearable Camera
- The Autographer is a unique camera in that it is designed to be worn, and can be set to record photographs automatically in pre-determined intervals. Utilizing five built-in sensors, along with a sophisticated algorithm, the camera works to record imagery at the perfect time in a spontaneous, hands-free manner.
- Five Sensors + GPS
A total of five dedicated sensors, as well as a GPS module, record a range of data to help the camera decide when to record an image. Each of these sensor's readings are saved within the individual image's metadata and can be used as filters when sorting through imagery during post production.
- Magnetometer: A compass that helps to define the direction in which you are facing.
- PIR: A motion detector that utilizes infrared light to sense moving objects.
- Color sensor: Perceives light and color, helping to adjust the exposure settings accordingly to realize natural-looking imagery.
- Accelerometer: Functioning as a speedometer, this helps to detect motion and tell how quickly the camera is moving.
- Temperature: Measures the ambient temperature when photographing.
- GPS: Provides pin-point accuracy as to where the camera is located on Earth.
- Imaging Features
- Utilizing information from the five sensors, a 5MP low-light image sensor clearly records imagery in a wide variety of lighting conditions. In front of the sensor is a wide-angle lens, which provides an effective field of view of 136° to mimic the peripheral vision of normal eyesight. This wide-angle lens is constructed from glass to maintain image quality and its fixed focus design captures a broad depth of field.
- Storage and Connectivity
8GB of internal memory is available for storing approximately 27,000 photos on-board, which can then be offloaded to a computer via USB connection. Additionally, Bluetooth support enables direct linking of the Autographer to Android and iOS mobile devices for use in conjunction with the free smartphone app.
The internal rechargeable battery is conveniently charged via USB connection and offers enough power to last for 12 hours of continuous operation.
- Camera Design
- Designed to be as compact and lightweight as possible, this camera is designed to be worn at all times. An included detachable lanyard enables wearing around the neck or a built-in clip can be used to attach it directly to clothes, bags, or belts. For identifying the memory capacity, battery life, and interval shooting settings, a discreet OLED screen is incorporated into the front of the camera that can only be seen during operation. Beside the dedicated menu button, a second manual shutter release button is also located on the side of the camera for direct control as to when the camera records images. When shooting using pre-set interval settings, you can manually change the rate of image capture to better suit more action-intensive periods of time. Furthermore, you can also close the lens cover to stop shooting altogether.
Once images have been recorded by the Autographer, they can be handled using either the iOS or Android smartphone app or the desktop software, which comes pre-loaded onto the camera. When working with the smartphone app, you pair your mobile device with the camera using a Bluetooth connection, which then allows you to preview, browse, and share all of the imagery from the camera. This app also permits you to set different modes, adjust capture settings, and check the battery and memory capacity levels.
When working with the desktop software (compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems), you can view, edit, and share your imagery using one of three methods:
- Stream View: Displays images in an endless, chronological stream.
- Calendar View: Displays images by day or by event.
- Cinema View: Displays images in a full-screen slideshow.
During playback, alongside each image, the sensor readings are also displayed and indicate each image's location, light levels, and temperature readings. When exporting imagery, files can be output as an animated GIF or a stop-frame movie for easy sharing.