The black and silver Leica D-LUX 6 Edition 100 Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot featuring a 10.1MP 1/1.7" CMOS sensor to enable high-resolution shooting up to 11 fps and full HD movie recording with expandable sensitivity to ISO 12800. When paired with an enhanced image processor, the sensor is capable of delivering high image clarity with minimal noise, as well as an expansive dynamic range and natural color gradations. Complementing the imaging capabilities is an apt 3.8x Leica DC Vario-Summilux zoom lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-90mm. A fast maximum aperture of f/1.4-2.3 is well-suited to working in low-light conditions and is further accentuated by the integration of optical image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake.
A range of physical controls, including an aperture control ring surrounding the lens and an internal neutral density 0.9 filter, support intuitive manual control over the camera's exposure settings. A large 3.0" 920k-dot LCD screen is available for image monitoring and review and features an anti-reflective coating to promote greater visibility when working in bright conditions. Additionally, an optional accessory electronic viewfinder can also be added to the D-Lux 6 to enable precise eye-level monitoring.
Celebrating Leica's 100-year anniversary, this special edition camera also carries a unique engraved 'Edition 100' insignia on the front of the body. A matching genuine black leather case, also emblazoned with the 'Edition 100' logo, is included as well as carrying and wrist straps.
- Special Centennial Edition
- This limited-release 'Edition 100' version of the D-Lux 6 celebrates Leica's 100th anniversary through the addition of a special engraving on the front of the camera. As part of this edition, too, a matching genuine black leather case, with carrying strap and wrist strap, is included that also bears the unique 'Edition 100' insignia.
- Leica DC Vario-Summilux Lens
The built-in Leica DC Vario-Summilux 4.7-17.7mm f/1.4-2.3 ASPH lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-90mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives to suit working a wide variety of situations. The large maximum aperture is especially beneficial for working in low-light conditions and also facilitates the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques. Also contributing to enhanced performance in low light, an optical image stabilization system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake, resulting in sharper imagery and the ability to utilize longer shutter speeds.
Complementing the overall image quality, five elements, with a total of nine aspherical surfaces, are incorporated into the optical design to minimize aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range and produce imagery with a high degree of sharpness and clarity.
- 10.1MP 1/1.7" CMOS Sensor
- A 10.1MP 1/1.7" CMOS sensor works to produce high-resolution stills and full HD video with an expandable sensitivity range from ISO 80-12800. Coupled with an enhanced image processor, this sensor is able to realize a high degree of image clarity with minimal noise. The processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera, including a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 11 fps for up to 12 consecutive frames or 2 fps for up to 100 frames.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Full HD 1080i/p video recording is supported at 60 fps in the high-quality AVCHD format. For convenient sharing purposes, movies can also be recorded in the Internet-friendly MP4 format for direct uploading to online sharing sites. During recording, a built-in stereo microphone is used to record audio, and is accentuated by a built-in wind-noise filter for enhanced clarity. To begin recording movies, a dedicated movie button is integrated into the top plate of the camera for direct, intuitive access.
- Camera Design
Designed to handle as intuitively as possible, the D-Lux 6's physical design is characterized by a control ring surrounding the lens, which avails direct and seamless adjustment of aperture settings. Other dials positioned about the camera enable fine-tuning of manual exposure settings and focus and for advanced creative control, an integrated neutral density 0.9 filter is available to reduce exposures by three stops for intentional motion blur.
For image monitoring and review, as well as for navigating the menu system, a 3.0" 920k-dot LCD screen is incorporated into the design and features an anti-reflective coating to benefit its use in bright conditions. Attachable via the hot shoe, and optional accessory electronic viewfinder is also available for eye-level monitoring.
- Other Camera Features
- Images can be viewed and recorded in a choice of four aspect ratios: 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1.
- A digital level gauge is available to ensure consistent horizons and plumb verticals.
- When working in the program AE mode, the camera will automatically, and intelligently, select the proper exposure, face recognition, scene mode, and dynamic range settings to clearly render to scene at hand.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is available as a free download from the Leica website with the purchase of the D-Lux 6