The leather edition Lomography Spinner 360° Panoramic Camera is a unique camera with a 25mm fixed-focus lens. Take the Spinner in one hand, pull the cord with the other and release it. In a split second the camera spins 360° around its own axis and records everything in its path on a frame more than 4 times longer than a conventional landscape picture. The mechanism is powered with a rubber band drive, so no batteries are required. You can create up to 8 full 360° panoramas on any 36-exposure roll of 35mm film.
Depending on the lighting of the scene, the camera has both a cloudy aperture setting of f/8 and a sunny setting of f/16. There are 2 rotation speeds of 1/125 and 1/250 of a second, which effectively become your shutter speed. These settings make the camera especially suitable for shooting outdoors in daylight. If you are in low-light conditions, you can make the camera turn more slowly by releasing the cord at a reduced pace by hand. For long exposures hold the camera's handle in one hand and turn the camera with the other hand in order to manually adjust the shutter speed.
This edition of the Spinner 360° is covered in geometrically patterned white Italian Toledo leather for a refined aesthetic appearance as well as enhanced grip.
- Uses standard 35mm film that can be processed anywhere
- Creates up to 8 full 360° panoramas on a 36-exposure roll of film
- Rubber band drive and fully manual controls with no batteries required
- Manual long exposures
- Sunny or cloudy aperture settings of f/16 and f/8, respectively
- Can be hand-held or attached to a tripod with the standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount