The HDR-AS15 Action Cam Kit with Goggle Mount is a bundle from Sony that features the HDR-AS15 Action Cam and a goggle mount for it.
The HDR-AS15 HD Action Cam is a Wi-Fi-enabled action camera designed for point-of-view (POV) shooting during action sports including skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, surfing, motocross, skydiving, mountain biking, and other outdoor adventure sports. The wearable action camcorder weighs only 3.2 oz and it supports up to Full HD 1920 x 1080p video recording at 60 frames per second (fps). It also supports other shooting modes including a 2x and 4x Slow Motion Video Mode. Having the 4x slow motion to break down video frame-by-frame makes the mode a valuable tool for both movie making and review of your tricks, line, form and technique.
The HDR-AS15 features Wi-Fi capability for control from smartphones and other Wi-Fi enabled devices as well as Sony's own Live View wireless remote. In addition to record START/STOP operation, with an Android or iOS device you can use Sony's free PlayMemories app to pull optimized movies and photos from the HDR-AS15 without a cable. Once the video is copied onto your mobile device, you can use its Internet connection to email movies to friends and family or upload your footage to social media sites.
Sony includes a dustproof and waterproof housing with the HDR-AS15. The housing has a universal 1/4"-20 tripod mount and is waterproof down to a depth of 197'. Being dirt and dust resistant helps make the camera nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain, sand and grime. The HDR-AS15 also comes with two adhesive mounts that securely attach to most flat and curved surfaces.
The HDR-AS15 is equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens that supports an ultra-wide 170° viewing angle when the SteadyShot image stabilization is turned off. The camera also has a 1/2.3" Exmor R CMOS image sensor, which features back illumination to help increase pixel density for better low light performance. To compensate for camera shake that's typical when shooting POV sports action, the Sony action camera features SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode. SteadyShot uses an innovative 3-way shake-canceling function to reduce blur caused by camera shake.
Convenience features on the HDR-AS15 include "Press-n-Go" recording, HDMI connectivity, and a built-in stereo microphone for capturing ambient audio to go along with the Full HD video. The "Press-n-Go" recording function allows you to press a large START/STOP button just once to begin recording, and the HDMI output lets you playback your footage on an HDTV screen in 1080p Full HD resolution. The camera is also outfitted with a Memory Stick Micro and microSD/SDHC memory card slot for recording directly onto a memory card.
In addition the camera and basic items included with it, this kit also includes a goggle mount. The mount features a kit that allows it to mount the Action Cam on either a pair of goggles. You'll be able to capture unique point-of-view footage while skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing, and more. Plus, you can rest easy knowing that the waterproof case will protect your Action Cam from any snow, running water, rain or mud.
Finally, an 8GB microSD card is included to get you started recording amazing action shots.
- Full HD 1080p Recording
- The HDR-AS15 offers 1920 x 1080p high-definition resolution at up to 60 frames per second letting you record your memories in Full HD quality. It also supports playback via micro HDMI for viewing in full quality on an HDTV or even a high-definition projector
- Waterproof Housing with Universal Tripod Mount
- The waterproof housing with universal tripod mount is built to handle extreme environments, allowing you to concentrate on safety and composition while capturing videos or taking photos. Within the housing, the camera is waterproof down to 197' and has dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain and grime
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Wi-Fi-enabled mobile phones and tablets running the free PlayMemories Mobile application (Android and iOS) can pull optimized movies and photos from the Action Cam without requiring a special cable. Once copied, you can use your device's Internet connection to upload your memories and share them via email or social media networks. Additionally, the RMLVR1 Live View Remote can be used to remotely monitor and control the recording function of this camera. To use the RMLVR1 the camera will need to be updated to firmware version 3.0 or later
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver smooth video from wide angle (120°) to full telephoto shooting. In addition, 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture
- Ultra-Wide Angle Carl Zeiss Lens
- The ultra-wide angle Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens features a 170° angle-of-view while the image stabilization is off, and a wide 120° angle-of-view when it on
- 2x and 4x Slow Motion Video Modes
- Extreme sports athletes and enthusiasts will enjoy being able to slow there footage down 2x or 4x to create the effect of up 120 frames per second (fps). For traditional shooting methods, the camcorder also offers several different resolutions to suit your needs, including Full HD 1920 x 1080p at 60 or 30 fps, HD 1280 x 720p at 30 fps, and SD VGA 640 x 480p at 30 fps
- Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- The sensor in the HDR-AS15 uses the Exmor R processor and back-illumination to reduce noise and increase pixel density to reduce noise levels and increase low light performance
- Memory Stick Micro and MicroSD/SDHC Compatible
- The HDR-AS15 features a memory card slot that accepts Memory Stick Micro (M2) and microSD/SDHC (class 4 or higher) type memory cards
- Built-In Stereo Microphone
- A built-in stereo microphone allows you to capture all the exciting sounds of your adventure
- Includes Goggle Mount and Adhesives
As part of the kit, the VCT-GM1 Goggle Mount is included. With this mount you can gain a true first-person POV perspective as well as hands-free operation. The mount is designed to work with a variety of goggle straps, or can be used standalone with the included headband for those situations where you won't be wearing goggles
The camera also includes a pair of adhesive mounts. With these you can attach the Action Cam securely to most flat and curved surfaces
- Time and date stamp burn-in
- Media and battery indicator show remaining record time and remaining battery life
- Recording mode and image stabilization on screen indicators
- BRAVIA Sync
- Fast Playback: accelerates playback about 5 times or about 10 times
- Auto Image Management File Repair: attempts to restore corrupted files do to an unexpected recording interruption
- Interval Recording: capture at 5, 10, 30 and 60 second intervals while in photo mode
- Power Save Mode
- Multi-segment metering modes
- Auto Exposure Settings
- Auto White Balance Mode
- Auto Backlight Compensation
- Auto Gain Control