The black IdeaPad G505s 59406417 15.6" Notebook Computer from Lenovo features a 15.6" widescreen LED-backlit display. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated AMD Radeon HD 8650G graphics. The resolution allows the G505s to play 720p HD content natively without upscaling.
The system is powered by a quad-core 2.5 GHz AMD A10-5750M processor. It also has 6GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio certification.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Lenovo IdeaPad G505s
- Quad-Core AMD A10 Performance
- The G505s houses an AMD A10-5750M processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.5 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.5 GHz, thanks to AMD TurboCore technology 3.0. With a dedicated 4MB L2 cache and 6GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to multitask quickly and efficiently.
- 15.6" HD Widescreen Display
- The 15.6" HD widescreen display features a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is the ideal standard for HDTVs. The 1366 x 768 native resolution is supported by integrated AMD Radeon HD 8650G graphics. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can have data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps, which is up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your older USB-compatible devices.
- Lenovo Cloud
- Share media on any compatible device from anywhere through Lenovo Cloud.
- Energy Management
- The G505s protects the long-term durability of the battery and uses advanced energy-saving technologies to increase time spent between charges.
- AccuType Keyboard
- The G505s has an AccuType keyboard with individual rounded keys for comfortable and accurate typing.
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.