The Gemini 500R PW Monolight from Bowens is an ideal choice for both studio and location photography. A classic, dial-oriented design gives immediate access and control to 500W/s of power variable over a 5-stop range. Control of the bright 250W modeling lamp is equally intuitive allowing you to select output that's proportional to the flash power level, full on for easy focus, user selected light level and off. Monitor your settings on the large digital readout. The 500R PW recycles in 1.3 seconds to full power and alerts you with an audible beep and ready light.
While you can trigger the flash with the included sync cord and adjust flash functions from 23' away with an optional remote control, you can also take advantage of the 500R PW's PocketWizard compatibly for wireless triggering from distances up to 1,600' by purchasing a PocketWizard transceiver and a receiver card that plug into the body of the flash.
Locations shooters will appreciate the 500R PW's DC capability allowing 150 full power flashes with Bowens' optional small Travelpak battery power supply, 300 flashes with the optional large Travelpak and thousands of flashes with both at reduced power levels.
- Take Control
- The Gemini 500R PW is fully PocketWizard compatible with purchase of a transceiver and receiver card for remote triggering up to 1,600'. On a smaller scale, flash functions can be adjusted on overhead units with a handheld remote control. The Pulsar radio system is also available.
- Location Shooting
- The Gemini 500R PW can be powered from AC mains power in the studio or by the optional Bowens Travelpak battery system which is able to provide power to two Gemini lights. Using the 500R PW with the small Travelpak will provide up to 150 full power flashes per charge. Double that with the large Travelpak.
- The built-in photocell on the Gemini 500R PW has a Smartcell option to enable pre-exposure flash management allowing the Gemini head to be synchronized to the camera shutter on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th flash.
- Metal Construction
- A tough metal housing protects the flash head's sophisticated circuitry and high powered capacitors from knocks and bumps which are routine in hard working studios and during transport.
- Lamp Saver
- The Lamp Saver function automatically dims the modeling lamp after a user-defined period of inactivity to extend the life of the lamp. This combined with the soft start technology built into the Gemini 500R PW means less money spent on replacing modeling lamps.
- S-Type Accessory Mount
- Adopted by many flash manufacturers, the 500R PW's S-Type reflector mount allows you to take advantage of numerous accessories outside of the Bowens line.