Not available with current selections
The black Samsung NX Mini Mirrorless Digital Camera features a 20.5MP 1" BSI CMOS sensor to produce high-resolution imagery and full HD movies. The sensor's backside-illuminated design realizes notable clarity in difficult lighting situations and has an extended sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600. High speed shooting is also afforded, with the ability to continuously capture full-resolution RAW files at 6 fps or 5MP images at speeds up to 30 fps. A contrast-detection autofocus system works to maintain critical focus on moving subjects and utilizes up to 35 focus points, in an array of focus positions, to support working in a variety of shooting scenarios.
Housing the imaging technology is a compact body characterized by a 0.9"-thin silhouette. This body design incorporates a large 3.0" 460.8k-dot touchscreen LCD that flips up 180° to avail an efficient viewing means for self-portraiture, which is further accentuated by the Wink Shot mode for hands-free capture. The touchscreen design is also well-suited to intuitive control over the camera's features, including built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC technology for transferring imagery to mobile devices for instant sharing online.
Included with the camera body is the wide-angle prime NX-M 9mm f/3.5 ED lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 24.3mm. This versatile lens is well-suited to use in a wide variety of shooting situations and incorporates extra-low dispersion glass within its design to minimize chromatic aberrations and realize high image sharpness and clarity.
Also included with this bundle is a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 for RAW image processing and post-production image editing.
- 20.5MP 1" BSI CMOS Sensor
The 20.5MP 1" BSI CMOS sensor works to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD movies with notable image quality and low-light sensitivity to an expandable ISO 25600. The backside-illuminated design of the sensor works to further enhance this effective sensitivity by delivering greater clarity with minimal noise when working in difficult lighting conditions.
The sensor also contributes a wealth of speed throughout the camera, including the ability to record full-resolution RAW files at 6 fps or 5MP files at speeds up to 30 fps.
- Body Design
- Aptly named, the NX Mini features a slim profile that is characterized by a 180° flip-up screen, making it ideally suited for self-portraiture and working from low shooting angles. This 3.0" 460.8k-dot LCD monitor also features a touchscreen design to enable intuitive navigation throughout the menu system as well as efficient control over focus and the shutter release when shooting.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
For direct transferring of imagery to mobile devices, built-in IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity permits instant online sharing of photos and movies using Samsung's Tag & Go technology. Linking mobile devices is facilitated by NFC (Near Field Communication), which simply requires tapping compatible devices to the camera in order to be paired. Once paired, a range or remote control and sharing capabilities are afforded:
- Mobile Link permits selecting and transferring multiple images from the camera to the mobile device.
- Group Share allows sharing of imagery to up to four devices at a time, eliminating the repetitive process of sharing the same content to multiple users one at a time.
- Remote View Finder Pro shares a live view image and allows you to remotely control the NX Mini from your mobile device.
- The camera can be configured as a Baby Monitor, which will automatically alert a paired smartphone if a noise is detected.
- Direct sharing of files to both Dropbox and Flickr is possible for an efficient storage and backup solution.
- Full HD Movie Recording
Full HD 1080p movie recording is supported at 30 fps in the Internet-friendly MP4 format for easy sharing online. Additional formats - 1280 x 720, 640 x 480, and 320 x 240 - are also available. Sound is recorded via an on-board monaural microphone and direct playback to an HDTV is possible via the integrated HDMI port.
When recording movies, manual exposure control is possible in P/A/S/M modes and Miniature, Vignetting, Sketch, and Fish Eye Smart Filters can be used to creatively enhance recordings.
- Contrast-Detection Autofocus
- A contrast-detection AF system, which employs up to 35 points, is used to acquire focus quickly and accurately. Face Detection for up to 10 faces and Object Tracking AF work to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects while the Multi and single point selection modes can be used for further precision. Coupling with the touchscreen monitor, Touch AF is also available for touching anywhere on the monitor for selective focusing.
- Samsung NX-M 9mm f/3.5 ED Lens
- Included with the camera body is the NX-M 9mm f/3.5 ED lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 24.3mm. This wide-angle prime is well-suited to everyday shooting applications and features a slim profile for maintained portability. One aspherical element, one extra-low dispersion element, and one Xtreme High Refractive element have been incorporated within the optical design to reduce chromatic aberrations in order to realize high image sharpness and clarity.
- Other Camera Features
- A built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for working in difficult lighting conditions and features a guide number of 13.1' at ISO 100.
- Smart shooting modes: Beauty Face, Best Face, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tone, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Firework, Light Trace, Continuous Shot, Kids Shot, Food, Parties, and Indoors.
- Picture Wizard modes: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, and Custom, with Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, and Color adjustment parameters.
- The intuitive Wink Shot mode enables releasing the shutter by simply winking; freeing your hands from the camera for a greater range of self-portrait possibilities.
- A 221-block segment provides TTL exposure metering, which can be utilized with multi, center-weighted, or spot metering methods.
- In-camera image editing: Smart Filter, Red-eye fix, Crop, Resize, Rotate, Face Retouch, Brightness, Contrast, Auto adjustment, Saturation, RGB adjustment, Color Temperature, and Exposure.
- Smart Filters: Miniature, Vignetting, Soft Focus, Sketch, Fish Eye, Classic, Retro, Oil Paint, Cartoon, Ink Painting, Cross Filter, and Zooming Shot.
- Language support: Korean, English, Danish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Czech, French, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, Finnish, Russian, Norwegian, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew, Thai, Greek, Hungarian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Serbian, Croatian, Vietnamese, and Romanian.
- iLauncher Software System Requirements
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz or higher; AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 2.2 GHz or higher
- Minimum of 512MB RAM (1GB or more recommended)
- Windows 7 or 8
- 250MB of available hard-disk space (1GB or more recommended)
- USB 2.0 port
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT or higher; ATI X1600 series or higher
- 1024 x 768, 16-bit color display (1280 x 1024, 32-bit color display recommended)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later (except Power PC)
- Minimum of 256MB RAM (512MB or more recommended)
- Minimum of 110MB of available hard-disk space
- USB 2.0 port
- CD-ROM drive