The Micro Four Thirds mount Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine AS IF UMC Lens is a prime telephoto lens designed for Micro Four Thirds cameras. Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 170mm, this lens is well-suited to distant subjects, close-ups, and portraiture. Its fast T1.5 maximum aperture is further beneficial to working in low-light conditions and for greater control over selective focus and shallow depth of field effects.
One aspherical element has been incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations in order to produce sharper images. A UMC coating has also been applied to the lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved light transmission and more contrast-rich imagery.
This lens' cine design incorporates geared aperture and focus rings for use with traditional follow focuses. Its inner-focusing mechanism also maintains the overall lens length when racking focus. Additionally, the aperture ring has been de-clicked for silent, smooth iris adjustment during recording.
- Telephoto lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 170mm, making it ideally suited for distant subjects, portraiture, and selective focus applications.
- Fast T1.5 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions as well as provides greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field applications.
- One aspherical element reduces chromatic aberration in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity.
- UMC coating improves light transmission and suppresses lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color-neutral images.
- Geared aperture and focus rings are compatible with standard follow focuses for greater control over adjustment.
- De-clicked aperture ring facilitates smooth, quiet exposure adjustments during recording.
- Inner-focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens length during use.