The white Kodak PIXPRO SL10 SMART LENS Digital Camera Module for Smartphones is a unique device that pairs the imaging capabilities of a dedicated digital camera with the intuitiveness and connectivity of a smartphone. The device resembles a lens and incorporates a 16.35MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor to realize high-resolution shooting up to 6 fps and full HD video recording at 30 fps. The sensor's BSI design enables enhanced low-light performance and quality, with sensitivity to ISO 3200.
In regard to the optics, the module incorporates a 10x zoom lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-280mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives. Optical image stabilization offsets this expansive reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake for sharper, clearer photos and movies.
One of the most notable assets of the SL10 is its unique form factor, which is designed to attach directly to a smart device for operation. Utilizing built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, along with the ability pair devices with NFC (Near Field Communication), the module makes use of a free app on the host device for settings control and live view monitoring. The module itself also features manual zoom control, a dedicated shutter release button, and a tripod mount for using away from the linked mobile device.
- 16.35MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- Featuring a 16.35MP 1/2.3 BSI CMOS sensor, the SL10 can record full-resolution still imagery in bursts up to 6 fps as well as full HD 1080p movies at 30 fps. Sensitivity to ISO 3200, coupled with the backside illuminated (BSI) design benefit its use in difficult lighting conditions.
- PIXPRO Aspheric HD 10x Optical Zoom Lens
- A built-in 10x zoom lens, with a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-280mm, benefits working in a wide variety of shooting situations. Zoom position can be controlled on the lens module using a dedicated toggle switch to change between wide-angle and telephoto perspectives. Additionally, optical image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to better enable working in low-light conditions.
- Designed for Use with Smartphones
A unique lens-shaped form factor utilizes a built-in clamp to directly to attach to smart devices for a hybrid shooting workflow. Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity permits linking Android and iOS devices to the SL10 for direct settings adjustment and live view monitoring via a free app.
NFC can also be used to pair the SL10 with Android devices by simply tapping the two devices together.
- Remote Shooting
While designed to be attached to smart devices, the module can also be used independently in order to shooting from more obscure angles or positions. A dedicated shutter release button is incorporated into the module's design as well as tripod mount for steady shooting.
The module accepts microSDHC memory cards, up to 32GB, for saving imagery and utilizes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which is charged from within the unit, to provide approximately 200 shots per charge.
- Smart Device Compatibility
- iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, and 5s (iOS 6.0 and up)
- iPad 1st - 4th generations (iOS 6.0 and up)
- Android phones (version 2.3 and up)
- Android tablets (version 3.0 and up)