The black GP60 LEOPARD-009 15.6" Notebook Computer from MSI is built with gaming and multimedia use in mind. The 15.6" widescreen display features LED backlighting, which uses less power than CCFL backlighting. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M graphics card with 2GB of GDDR3 discrete memory. The display can play Full HD 1080p content natively without upscaling.
The system is powered by a 4th generation Haswell dual-core 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7-4700HQ processor. It also has 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 750GB 7200 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in quad speakers.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
MSI GP60 LEOPARD-009
- Quad-core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core Performance
- The MSI GP60 houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4700HQ processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.4 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.4 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 4th generation Haswell processor uses low voltage to extend battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores up to four virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking.
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M Graphics
- Built for a visually stunning gaming experience, the NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M arms you with industry-leading technologies including DirectX 11 support, dynamic PhysX effects, CUDA, and more. Based on NVIDIA's Kepler GPU architecture, the NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M provides 2GB of GDDR3 discrete memory. The result is reliable performance, power efficiency and high image quality.
- Full HD 15.6" Anti-Reflective Display
- The 15.6" display has an anti-reflective screen designed to cut down on the amount of light that reflects off the display, reducing eyestrain and sharpening the picture to provide a more enjoyable viewing experience. The display also has a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution so you can play 1080p HD content natively in deep black levels and vibrant color.
- Killer Gaming Network
- For an online multiplayer, the slightest bit of lag will throw off your game. That's why the MSI GP60 has a 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack to ensure you have the support for a fast-wired Internet connection. With Killer Gaming Network, the MSI GP60 automatically classifies and prioritizes latency-sensitive network traffic for online games, HD video, and high quality audio. This results in better control and fewer buffering interruptions during your online experience.
- Intel Dual-Band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Featuring Intel dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, the MSI GP60 delivers high performance, broader coverage, longer battery life, and wireless speeds of up to 867 Mbps. The MSI GP60 also comes with Bluetooth technology so you'll be able to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-compatible peripherals and accessories.
- SteelSeries Gaming Keyboard
- There is no exception for error when it comes to serious gaming. Play with precise control with anti-ghosting, which allows for simultaneous key presses and rapid response times.
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can have data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps, which is up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your older USB-compatible devices.
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- The MSI GP60 houses a SuperMulti DVD burner so you can read and write CDs and DVDs.
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.