The white VAIO Fit 15E SVF1532ACYW 15.5" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from Sony is built with the features and performance you need every day to stay connected and be entertained. The VAIO Fit 15E features a stylish design with a keyboard and a touchpad with multi-touch support.
The 15.5" widescreen display is LED backlit, which is more energy efficient than CCFL backlighting. The display is also a capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8.1. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
The system is powered by a dual-core 4th-generation Haswell 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-4500U processor. It also has 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 750GB hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a Secure Digital media card slot, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with ClearAudio+ technology.
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
VAIO Fit 15E
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- The VAIO Fit 15E houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4500U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.0 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask quickly and efficiently. The low-voltage Haswell processor also makes it possible for the VAIO Fit 15E to squeeze 5 hours out of a single charge (battery life may vary depending on usage).
- 15.5" Full HD LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 15.5" widescreen touchscreen features LED backlighting and multi-touch input support. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, so you'll be able to watch 1080p HD videos without having to upscale the content.
- Full Connectivity
- For Internet access, you have a choice of using the built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack or go wireless with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. You can use Bluetooth 4.0 to wirelessly connect to all your peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard.
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- The VAIO Fit 15E has a SuperMulti DVD burner, which allows you to burn data or media files to a CD or a DVD. You can also play CDs and DVDs as well (additional software may be required).
- ClearAudio+ Technology
- ClearAudio+ combines Sony's unique sound processing technologies like xLOUD, Clear Phase and S-Force Front Surround Sound for clear and bold sound. With ClearAudio+, you'll hear dynamic bass and soaring highs with less distortion for an immersive listening experience.
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Quickly share music and websites with compatible devices. See the same website that's on your smartphone from your Sony VAIO computer. With NFC (Near Field Communication), it all happens by simply tapping compatible devices together on the touch icon. Please note that both devices must have NFC in order for the data sharing to work.
- The Handiest Port Around
- Forgot to charge your smartphone? Just plug your device via USB cord into the USB sleep charge port and start charging. Even if this Sony VAIO notebook is shut down and not plugged in you can still use it. And don't forget that the USB 3.0 port is perfect for connecting a compatible external hard drive and allowing you to wait less and transfer data up to 10x faster than USB 2.0.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 is included with the Sony VAIO notebook. Organize, edit, and create your photos to share via print, the Internet, social media networks, and more. New effects include Zoom Burst, which brings dramatic action to your photos; Photo Puzzle, which gives a fun puzzle effect; and Old Photo Restore, which helps you fix an old or worn photo.
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8.1 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8.1 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.