The carbon black VAIO Pro 13 SVP13224PXB 13.3" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from Sony features an ultraportable design with a carbon fiber build that leads to a 0.68" thickness and a weight of just 2.34 pounds. The carbon fiber construction keeps it light but also provides durability. The palm rest allows for comfortable typing sessions.
The 13.3" widescreen display features LED backlight technology for low power consumption and better energy efficiency. The display is also a capacitive touchscreen that supports 10-point touch and multi-touch gestures found in Windows 8.1 Pro. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. The high resolution allows the VAIO Pro 13 to play Full HD 1080p content natively without upscaling.
The system is powered a dual-core Haswell Intel Core i7-4500U processor. It also has 8GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, a 128GB PCIe solid state drive, a Secure Digital media card slot, 802.11ac Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi is also supported), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Intel High Definition Audio with ClearAudio+ technology.
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. Windows 8.1 Pro rolls out the Start button (although its functionality differs from its predecessor) and you will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8 Start Screen. Windows 8.1 Pro introduces a redesigned Start screen with tiles that update in real-time. Windows 8.1 Pro focuses on cloud storage, and various apps are available through the Windows Store. Windows 8.1 Pro also focuses on data security. BitLocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data. SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. Windows 8.1 Pro provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
VAIO Pro 13
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- The VAIO Pro 13 houses a Haswell Intel Core i7-4500U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.0 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The fourth generation processor in this VAIO Pro 13 uses low voltage, which provides 7.5 hours of use on a single charge (battery life may vary). With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently.
- 13.3" LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 13.3" widescreen display is actually a capacitive touchscreen that allows you to take full advantage of the integrated multi-touch gestures of Windows 8.1 Pro. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution provided by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400.
- Ultraportable Carbon Fiber Design
- The VAIO Pro 13 features carbon fiber construction, which gives it a thickness of 0.68" and a weight of just 2.34 pounds. The carbon fiber build keeps the VAIO Pro 13 ultraportable yet durable. The palm rest offers maximum comfort while typing so your hands will feel less stress while using the keyboard for long periods of time.
- Intel Dual-Band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Featuring Intel dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, the VAIO Pro 13 delivers high performance, broader coverage, and longer battery life. The VAIO Pro 13 is also backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks. The VAIO Pro 13 also comes with Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you'll be able to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-compatible peripherals and accessories.
- Solid State Drive
- Get quicker boot times, faster application launches and overall enhanced performance with the 128GB PCIe solid state drive in this VAIO Pro 13. And of course, since solid state drive technology does not use moving parts, you get a more durable storage solution less prone to physical damage or mechanical failure.
- Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)
- The VAIO Pro 13 has a Haswell Intel Core i7-4500U processor, which supports Intel Wireless Display (WiDi). WiDi allows you to display what is on your VAIO Pro 13's screen to an external WiDi-compatible display wirelessly. You'll need the latest drivers and firmware updates on both your VAIO Pro 13 and the display you want to output video to. Some HDTVs come with WiDi built-in while others may require a WiDi TV adapter.
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Quickly share music and websites with compatible devices. See the same website that's on your smartphone from your Sony VAIO PC. With NFC (Near Field Communication), it all happens by simply tapping compatible devices together on the touch icon. Please note that both devices must have NFC in order for the data sharing to work.
- ClearAudio+ Sound
- ClearAudio+ mode allows for high audio quality that is distinctly Sony. One simple operation activates the optimal sound settings for your music and video. With Sony's unique sound processing technologies, you'll hear dynamic bass and soaring highs with less distortion.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 is included with the VAIO Pro 13. Organize, edit, and create your photos to share via print, the Internet, social media networks, and more. New effects include Zoom Burst, which brings dramatic action to your photos; Photo Puzzle, which gives a fun puzzle effect; and Old Photo Restore, which helps you fix an old or worn photo.
- ArtRage Studio
- ArtRage Studio is a stylish, intuitive painting and drawing package that makes it easy to produce natural looking artwork on your computer. Its wide range of artistic tools lets you get right down to the creative process without forcing you to learn complex or technical controls.
- PlayMemories Home
- PlayMemories Home software makes organizing, editing and sharing your photos and videos easy. Instantly import and sort your content by event or date. Then transform your favorites with intuitive adjustments and stunning filters. Share your pictures privately with family and friends or on popular social networking sites like Facebook and YouTube. PlayMemories Online service can even securely store your content in the cloud allowing virtually all of your devices to access it anytime, anyplace.
Windows 8.1 Pro
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1 Pro. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 Pro gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Pro Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8.1 Pro supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8.1 Pro allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1 Pro, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.
- BitLocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on mobile PCs that include a trusted platform module (TPM) chip. BitLocker now encrypts hard drives more quickly, helping to keep your data safe without interrupting your productivity. BitLocker also supports encrypted drives.
- SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. It checks the reputation of any new app or website in order to keep you safe no matter what browser you're using. This helps prevent malware and other viruses from infiltrating your PC or your corporate network.
- DirectAccess allows remote users to more securely and seamlessly access resources inside of a corporate network without having to launch a separate virtual private network (VPN) connection.
- Windows Media Center
- Windows Media Center lets you turn your PC into a home entertainment system that can play and record high-definition TV (if you have additional tuner hardware), DVDs and CDs. It also has a software DVR that can play photo slideshows and Internet TV content.