The 8-Bay eSATA USB 2.0/3.0 FireWire 800/iSCSI/AoE RAID Enclosure from Areca is an innovative eSATA 3.0 Gb/s, USB 3.0, FireWire 800, iSCSI/AoE, and USB 2.0 RAID solution for both PC and Mac. The eSATA port delivers in excess of 220 MB/s sustained RAID 0 reads, and over 210 MB/s RAID 0 sequential writes. This high transfer rate makes the RAID enclosure suitable for audio/video applications, which is a growing demand in the Mac video editing markets. The intelligent cooling continuously adapts to environmental conditions by controlling the speed of the cooling fans, automatically. Silent design and optimized balance between noise reduction and necessary cooling makes it a cost effective storage solution.
- Unsurpassed Data Availability
- The enclosure incorporates onboard high-performance 400 MHz storage processors, and on-board 128 MB DDR2 400 SDRAM memory to deliver hardware RAID. It supports the hardware RAID 6 engine to allow two HDD failures without impacting the existing data and performance. Its high data availability and protection derives from the many advanced RAID features. The RAID subsystem allows easy scalability from JBOD to RAID. It can be configured to RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 1E, 3, 5, 6, Single Disk or JBOD. The subsystem unit is a cost-effective SATA disk drive RAID subsystem with completely integrated high-performance and data-protection capabilities, which meet the performance and features of a midrange storage product, at an entry-level price.
- Maximum Host Interoperability
- The RAID subsystem supports multiple host interfaces such as, eSATA, iSCSI/AoE, USB 3.0, FireWire 800 or UBS 2.0 that can work currently at the same. The host interface on the system may be located either on the system board or on a plug-in host bus adapter (HBA) card. With port multiplier SATA host, eSATA (3.0 Gb/s) host channel can support multiple volumes (up to 8). FireWire 800 can support up to 2 volumes. USB 3.0/iSCSI/AoE and USB 2.0 host channels can also support up to 8 volumes per host. Up to 16 volumes can be created on each RAID subsystem. Multiple host interfaces make RAID subsystem well suited for professionals who need large capacity and exceptional performance with connectivity.
- Easy RAID Management
- Configuration and monitoring can be managed either through the LCD control panel, RS232 port, or Ethernet port. The firmware also contains an embedded terminal emulation via the RS-232 port. The firmware-embedded web browser-based RAID manager allows local or remote access from any standard Internet browser, via a LAN port. The RAID subsystem also supports the API library for you to write your own monitor utility. The Single Admin Portal (SAP) monitor utility can support one application to manage multiple RAID units in the network. The Disk Stress Test (DST) utility removes marginal disks from the array before the RAID unit is actually put on-line for real business. The hardware monitor can monitor the subsystem environment and show the warning message.