The HP Z230 Series F1L54UT Tower Workstation offers powerful processing performance. This workstation is powered by a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5-4570 quad-core Haswell processor, and has 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 unbuffered memory for robust multi-tasking. This system incorporates a 500GB 7200rpm SATA hard drive for long-term data storage. For high-performance graphics rendering and video applications, this workstation features the Intel HD Graphics 4600 chipset. A slim SuperMulti DVD burner is also built-in for reading and writing data stored on optical media.
The HP Z230 workstation is well equipped for peripheral connections with four USB 3.0 and five USB 2.0 ports. This model features 10/100/1000 Ethernet for high-speed wired Internet connections. A USB keyboard and mouse are included for system operation and navigation. The HP Z230 comes preloaded with Windows 7 Pro (64-bit), but you do have the option of installing Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) at no additional cost.
B&H Photo is an authorized HP reseller with professional in-house technicians available for upgrades & installations on these workstations and laptops. Built with power and speed in mind, the Z Series is designed to enhance audio and video post-production workflows and more. Each HP Z series workstation or laptop features a range of top-tier processors and large RAM loadouts. The workstations are built with graphics flexibility in mind as well so that the end consumer can configure the graphics options to their needs, and each unit includes a three-year warranty.
- The HP Z230 offers expandability with six drive bays. These bays can support a variety of optional devices, including hard drives, solid state drives, DVD/Blu-ray readers and writers, and HP 14-in-1 media card reader kit. This system has also supports HP's optional 4-in-1 SFF hard drive carrier. The variety of expansion slots allows users to configure up to six monitors and two entry-level 3D graphics cards. Additionally, this system supports a single high-end 3D graphics card up to 150-watts with its PCI Express auxiliary power connector and has a front USB charging port that charges high-power mobile devices such as tablets, even when the HP Z230 is in sleep mode. The HP Z230's chassis has an assortment of built-in external I/O ports, including USB 3.0 on both the front and rear panels.
- The HP Z230 features a chassis design that provides tool-less access to the inside for easy serviceability and upgrades. Internal components including the hard drives, expansion cards, and memory are also tool-free. Clearly marked green touch points simplify servicing and upgrading components. In addition, cabling is efficiently routed to build a well-organized interior for access.
- HP has designed the chassis of the Z230 workstation for easy, seamless deployment with the optional front bay handle plus a rear handle ledge created by the recessed power supply. The HP Z230 features a chassis design which is approximately 17% smaller than the previous generation and offers 4U-rackable flexibility.
- Due to the tool-free access, several security features are built-in. The side access panel padlock loop and a HP Keyed Lock slot are included. A system intrusion sensor and a remote/centrally controlled solenoid lock are optional accessories.
- Quiet and reliable
- The fans in the HP Z230 workstation are strategically placed in the chassis to provide optimum system cooling and reliability by using advanced algorithms to control fan speeds based on system configuration and key component temperatures. The hard drives are mechanically isolated to reduce vibration and noise. The HP Z230 is also built to withstand high shock and vibration environments. Rigorous climatic and dynamic testing helps to ensure that HP workstations are reliable in a wide variety of demanding conditions.
- Additional Features
- High Definition Integrated Realtek ALC221 Audio
- Intel vPro Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology