The HP Z420 Series F1L02UT Mini-Tower Workstation is designed for professional applications and expandability. This workstation is powered by a 2.8 GHz Intel Xeon E5-1603 quad-core processor, and has 4GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 unbuffered memory for robust multi-tasking. This system incorporates a 500GB SATA 7200 rpm hard drive for long-term data storage. A SuperMulti DVD burner is also built-in for reading and writing data stored on optical media.
The HP Z420 workstation is well equipped for peripheral connections with four USB 3.0, five USB 2.0 ports and two IEEE 1394a ports. This model features 10/100/1000 Ethernet for wired high-speed Internet connections. A USB keyboard and mouse are included for system operation and navigation. The HP Z420 comes preloaded with Windows 7 Pro (64-bit), but you do have the option of installing Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) at no additional cost.
Note that this workstation does not come with a graphics card and only supports AMD FirePro V3900, and NVIDIA Quadro Q410, K600, K2000, and NVS graphics. The buyer must determine which graphics card(s) best suits their needs and how many cards are needed. If you're not sure what to choose, a B&H sales associate will be happy to help you make a decision.
B&H Photo is an authorized HP reseller with professional in-house technicians available for upgrades & installations on these workstations and laptops. Built with power and speed in mind, the Z Series is designed to enhance audio and video post-production workflows and more. Each HP Z series workstation or laptop features a range of top-tier processors and large RAM loadouts. The workstations are built with graphics flexibility in mind as well so that the end consumer can configure the graphics options to their needs, and each unit includes a three-year warranty.
- Tool-Free Design
- The HP Z420 Workstation features a smart chassis design that offers tool-free access to the inside, easy configurability, and an optional top optical bay handle for seamless deployment. Cabling is efficiently routed to provide a well-organized interior for improved access and airflow management. Upgrading components is intuitive and easy with clearly marked green touch points and tool-free access to the following components: side access panel, front bezel, hard drives, optical devices, expansion cards, system fans, and memory ducts.
- Due to the tool-free ease of use, security features have been incorporated into the HP Z420. The side access panel padlock and a Kensington security slot features are included standard. In addition, a system intrusion switch and a remote/centrally controlled solenoid lock are optional accessories.
- Expandability and Performance
- The HP Z420 delivers enhanced expandability and I/O performance. Expandability is improved over previous generation products with the addition of a 3rd internal 3.5" drive bay and two more memory slots (8 DIMM slots total). The architecture provides fast memory and three high-performance 3rd-generation PCI Express expansion slots (two x16, one x8). To help eliminate bottlenecks with external devices, HP Z420 also provides four easily accessible USB 3.0 ports, two on the front and two on the rear of the system.
- Quiet and Reliable
- Fans are strategically placed in the chassis to provide optimum system cooling and uncompromised reliability by using advanced algorithms to control fan speeds based on system configuration and key component temperatures. In addition, HP offers an optional liquid cooling solution to keep the HP Z420 running cool and quiet even under the heaviest processing workloads. The tool-free hard drive rails have an improved mechanical isolation to reduce chassis vibration and noise. The HP Z420 is built to withstand high shock and vibration environments. Rigorous climatic and dynamic testing helps to ensure that HP workstations are reliable in a wide variety of demanding conditions, while not sacrificing performance.
- Environmentally Friendly
- To reduce energy consumption, HP workstations offer ENERGY STAR qualified configurations, and the HP Z420 features a 90 percent efficient power supply standard. The HP Z420 also offers configurations with non-halogenated flame retardant (BFR/PVC-free) materials.
- Additional Features
- Integrated Intel/Realtek HD ALC262 Audio
- Intel vPro Technology
- Form Factor: Convertible Mini-Tower