The HP Z820 Series F1L27UT Mini-Tower Workstation is designed for robust processing workloads. This workstation is powered by dual 2.6 GHz Intel Xeon E5-2630v2 six-core processors, and has 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 ECC unbuffered memory for robust multi-tasking. This system incorporates a 1TB SATA 7200 rpm hard drive. A SuperMulti DVD burner is also built-in for reading and writing data stored on optical media.
The HP Z820 workstation is well equipped for peripheral connections with four USB 3.0 ports, five USB 2.0 ports and dual IEEE 1394a ports. This model features dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports for wired high-speed Internet connections. A USB keyboard and mouse are included for system operation and navigation. The HP Z820 comes preloaded with Windows 7 Pro (64-bit), but you do have the option of installing Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) at no additional cost.
Note that this workstation does not come with a graphics card. The buyer must determine which graphics card(s) best suits their needs and how many cards are needed. If you're not sure what to choose, a B&H sales associate will be happy to help you make a decision.
B&H Photo is an authorized HP reseller with professional in-house technicians available for upgrades & installations on these workstations and laptops. Built with power and speed in mind, the Z Series is designed to enhance audio and video post-production workflows and more. Each HP Z series workstation or laptop features a range of top-tier processors and large RAM loadouts. The workstations are built with graphics flexibility in mind as well so that the end consumer can configure the graphics options to their needs, and each unit includes a three-year warranty.
- Mobility and Flexibility
- With integrated front and rear full-grip carrying handles and foot pads, the HP Z820 can be easily moved to a new location to gain better access. The flexible HP Z820 design can be used in desk-side installations, or rack-mounted using HP's enterprise-class, fully extendable rails. With USB 3.0 featured on the front and rear of the workstation, the HP Z820 offers the ability to customize access to high-speed external devices. HP also offers optional external bay adapter options including optical drives, media card readers, and internally and externally accessible HDD carriers.
- On the Inside
- Many of the system cables have been carefully routed and remain hidden from view, streamlining system upgrades, and improving airflow management. All of the user-serviceable components are identified with consistent green touch points, and the removable service panel has been laser-etched to provide users with a clear layout of the HP Z820 system board and concise configuration information.
- Toll-Free Design
- Whether it is adding hard drives, expanding memory, or upgrading graphics capabilities-the HP Z820 provides tool-free access to most internal components. Due to the tool-free ease of use, several security features have been incorporated. The side access panel key lock and a Kensington security slot are included with the workstation, and a system intrusion switch is available as an optional accessory.
- Quiet and Reliable
- With strategically placed fans, and active fan control, the HP Z820 is designed for quiet operation. The HP Z820's hard drives are mechanically isolated to reduce vibration and noise. With internal fans distributed throughout the system, airflow is targeted at the high power-density components. HP's advanced algorithms control fan speeds instantaneously based on system configuration and workload. Rigorous climatic and dynamic testing helps to ensure that HP workstations are reliable in a wide variety of demanding conditions, while delivering uncompromising performance. The HP Z820 is also designed to withstand severe shock events and high vibration environments.
- Additional Features
- Integrated Intel/Realtek HD ALC262 audio
- Intel Hyper-Threading
- Intel vPro Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Form Factor: Rackable mini-tower
- 1125W 90% efficient power supply