The Pentax smc FA 645 80-160mm f/4.5 Lens is a medium telephoto zoom lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 63-126.5mm and a maximum aperture of f/4.5. The autofocus lens can stop down to f/32 and features multiple types of low dispersion glass elements throughout its 11 element and 10 group construction. This is benefited by the use of a Super Multi Coating that helps eliminate flare and ghosting.
The lens can focus as close as 3.3' during use and has an eight blade diaphragm to help create smooth out-of-focus areas. Also, it can accept 77mm filters via a front thread and includes a lens hood. The 80-160mm also features the ability to turn the front of the lens while the hood is attached for easily adjusting your filters.
- The front of the lens can be rotated while the hood is attached allowing for easy rotation of filters like circular polarizers
- 35mm focal length equivalent of 63-126.5mm
- Aperture range of f/4.5 to f/32
- Angle of view of 47° to 21.5° which equates to 38° to 17.5° on Pentax 645 digital cameras
- Lens construction of 11 elements in 10 groups
- Extraordinary and extra-low dispersion glass elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations and maximize sharpness
- Accepts 77mm threaded filters
- Minimum focusing distance throughout the zoom range is 3.3'
- Super Multi Coating increases light transmission as well as helps to eliminate ghosting and flaring
- Works with both film and digital formats
- Aperture ring and focusing distance scale
- Eight diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas