The Pentax smc FA 645 33-55mm f/4.5 AL Lens is a wide-angle zoom lens designed for use with medium format Pentax 645 mount cameras. It features an aperture range of f/4.5-32 and has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 26-43.5mm, providing a very useful range of wide-angle lengths. This lens in particular utilizes two aspherical elements that greatly reduce distortion, field curvature, and coma aberrations common with wide angle lenses.
The 33-55mm features a lens construction of 11 elements in 8 groups, including some high refraction low-dispersion glass. To maintain image quality, it uses a 3-group floating zoom to reduce field curvature throughout the range. Also, the 33-55mm has a minimum focus distance of 15.7".
For smooth out-of-focus areas, the lens has an eight blade aperture diaphragm. Additionally, it features an 82mm front filter thread.
- 35mm focal length equivalent of 26-43.5mm
- Aperture range of f/4.5 to f/32
- Angle of view of 80° to 53° which equates to 65° to 43° on Pentax 645 digital cameras
- Lens construction of 11 elements in 8 groups
- Low-dispersion glass elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations and maximize sharpness
- Accepts 82mm threaded filters
- Minimum focusing distance throughout the zoom range is 15.7"
- Super Multi Coating increases light transmission as well as helps to eliminate ghosting and flaring
- Works with both film and digital formats
- Aperture ring and focusing distance scale
- Eight diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas