The Atomos Ninja Star Pocket-Size ProRes Recorder & Deck is a compact, lightweight HDMI recorder which stores video to CFast cards. It records up to 1080/30p resolution video via the HDMI output from capable cameras and uses edit-ready Apple ProRes HQ, 422, or LT codecs at 10-bit with 4:2:2 color sampling.
The Ninja Star offers similar recording options to Atomos Ninja monitor/recorder models, but strips away the monitor portion to create a lighter, more compact option. This is useful for users who want to keep their camera rig size manageable, or who already own an external monitor and want to add onboard ProRes recording. At only 3.5 oz, the recorder is even light enough for many quadcopter or multicopter setups.
The Ninja Star records to readily available CFast cards (generation one or later), which are highly reliable and offer fast read/write speeds. It also features time code and start/stop trigger support, an audio line-in, and an HDMI loop-through output for sending the signal to an external monitor. A battery and battery charger come included. For flexible mounting options, a mounting cheese plate is also included which provides 1/4"-20 threaded holes along the bottom and the sides.
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes Recording
- Record up to 1080p video in edit-ready 10-bit 4:2:2 Apple ProRes HQ, 422, or LT from your camera's uncompressed HDMI output, bypassing a round of internal compression and data loss.
- The Ninja Star stores video to a single CFast card, generation one or later. CFast cards are small, reliable, and available in sizes up to 256GB, providing up to 2 hours and 40 minutes of Apple ProRes HQ recording.
- Start/Stop Trigger
- Trigger record start/stop and capture time code in sync straight from the camera with Atomos' HDMI time code trigger protocols from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, Nikon, and JVC.
- Audio Line-In
- Record audio direct from the camera on the two embedded digital channels or add an external mic via the audio line-in for an extra two channels of analog audio.
- Micro HDMI Input with Loop-Output
- The Ninja Star's Micro HDMI input allows you to connect cameras with an HDMI output. A Micro HDMI loop-output is provided for viewing sending the signal to an additional device, such as an external monitor.
- Additional Features
- Battery lasts up to 5 hours
- Lightweight at only 3.5 oz
- Large, colored control buttons
- Audio level, battery life, and recording time indicators
- Mounting cheese plate with 1/4"-20 threaded holes along the bottom and the sides for flexible mounting options