The Epson WorkForce DS-40 Wireless Portable Color Document Scanner is a lightweight scanner useful for scanning documents while on-the-go. It is capable of high resolution imaging due to a 1200 dpi optical sensor and can scan at a maximum resolution of 600 dpi. This scanner works by moving the document over the image sensor and can work with paper sizes from 2 x 2.9" to 8.5 x 36". Also, the scanner has an internal color depth of 48-bit with an external depth of 24-bit.
The DS-40 is also quick, being able to scan a color letter-sized document at 300 dpi in just 8 seconds, or an A4-sized page in just 10 seconds. For convenience, this scanner features built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity for connecting to a computer or mobile device. This, along with a standard USB port, allow it to work with Mac, PC, iOS, and Android devices. It is even capable of running on either AC power, USB power, or 4 AA batteries and weighs just 1.1 pounds.
- Portable at just 1.1 pounds
- Scanner can be powered via USB, AC power, or with 4 AA batteries
- Wireless scanning of documents to smartphones, tablets, Mac, PC, or cloud services
- Create editable text and searchable PDFs
- TWAIN driver support
- Variable Color Enhance, Color Dropout and other features are available for making advanced image adjustments
- Automatic document size and type detection
- Image skew correction and it removes punch holes from scanned images
- Includes Epson Scan, Epson Document Capture Pro, Epson Net Config, and Epson Net Setup for basic control over your scanner and setup
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR and NewSoft Presto! BizCard OCR software is available for advanced file management and optical character recognition technology. This can be useful for sorting through documents and business cards to save time