The Aspire S7 S7-391-9411 13.3" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from Acer features a chassis that measures just 0.51" thin and weighs just 2.87 pounds. The patented dual-torque hinge makes it easy to open the Acer Aspire S7 with one hand and keeps the display free from movement when using the 13.3" touchscreen. The hinge also allows the display to open completely flat against a desk so you can share the screen with others.
The 13.3" touchscreen utilizes the multi-touch gestures integrated in Windows 8 Pro. The display is LED-backlit, has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The ComfyView screen also has an antiglare finish so you'll be able to use the Aspire S7 in brightly lit environments.
The system is powered by a dual-core 3rd generation Ivy Bridge 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-3537U processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 256GB solid state drive, a Secure Digital (SD) media card slot, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
Windows 8 Pro is the installed operating system. Windows 8 Pro introduces a redesigned Start Screen with tiles that update in real-time. Windows 8 Pro also focuses on cloud storage as well as offers various apps through the Windows Store. Windows 8 Pro also focuses on data security. BitLocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on the Aspire S7, thanks to its TPM chip. SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. Windows 8 Pro provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Acer Aspire S7
- Dual-Core 3rd-Gen Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- This Acer computer is powered by a 3rd-gen Ivy Bridge 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-3537U processor. Its dual cores can also be overclocked up to 3.1 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores up to four virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking.
- 13.3" ComfyView LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- With an emphasis on touch navigation in Windows 8 Pro, the Aspire S7 utilizes the multi-touch gestures with its 13.3" LED-backlit touchscreen. You'll be able to swipe, tap and zoom your way around the Start screen with ease. The display features a 16:9 aspect ratio and has a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port. Also, the ComfyView screen features an antiglare finish so you'll be able to use the Aspire S7 in brightly lit environments.
- Stay Connected
- The Acer Aspire S7 connects to the Internet wirelessly with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. It also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you'll be able to use Bluetooth-enabled peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. There are also two USB 3.0 ports if you need a wired connection to a USB-compliant device.
- Ultraportable Design
- Measuring in at just 0.5" thin and weighing just 2.87 pounds, the Aspire S7 provides an ultraportable body utilizing white Gorilla Glass 2 and sleek aluminum. The keyboard features backlit keys and the Acer TwinAir cooling makes it comfortable to type for long periods of time.
Windows 8 Pro
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 Pro introduces a redesigned Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen.
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 Pro supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 Pro allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8 Pro, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.
- BitLocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on mobile PCs that include a trusted platform module (TPM) chip. BitLocker now encrypts hard drives more quickly, helping to keep your data safe without interrupting your productivity. BitLocker also supports encrypted drives.
- SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. It checks the reputation of any new app or website in order to keep you safe no matter what browser you're using. This helps prevent malware and other viruses from infiltrating your PC or your corporate network.
- DirectAccess allows remote users to more securely and seamlessly access resources inside of a corporate network without having to launch a separate virtual private network (VPN) connection.
- Windows Media Center
- Windows Media Center lets you turn your PC into a home entertainment system that can play and record high-definition TV (if you have additional tuner hardware), DVDs and CDs. It also has a software DVR that can play photo slideshows and Internet TV content.