The 1080 Mini Action Camera System from Replay XD is a "lipstick tube" action camera that, at 3.3" length and less than 1" diameter, is 20% smaller and 33% lighter than its predecessor, the XD1080. Recording up to 1080p30 and 720p60, it features an f/2.8 aperture lens and a 30% larger image sensor than the XD1080, and can capture up to a 120° angle-of-view in 720p mode. The camera is inherently waterproof down to 10', meaning it can safely be used in the most inclement weather, sand, mud, or even water sports, such as surfing, that involve submerging it a bit below the waterline. It can also take 5MP still photos in 16:9 HDTV aspect ratio, and has a timelapse mode.
In addition to two buttons and two user-assignable switches on the camera body, the 1080 Mini can also be monitored and controlled remotely from a Mac or Windows computer with the USB LiveView feature. To use USB LiveView you will need to first download the appropriate version of the application for your computer from the Replay XD website. The file type is also iPad friendly, meaning you can ingest footage in the field or on the go using an Apple iPad running iOS 4 or later and an iPad SD Card Adapter with microSD adapter. Video and photos are recorded to a microSD/SDHC memory card up to 32GB, and there is a mini USB port for direct file transfer, charging, and using the USB LiveView feature. The camera includes adhesive mounting hardware for helmets, boards, and other flat surfaces, as well as a universal 1/4"-20 adapter.
- Designed to be Mounted Anywhere
The 1080 Mini features a tubular, perfectly cylindrical shape that is optimized for mounting wherever is going to give you the best angle on the action. Plus, two mounts are included with the system:
LowBoy Mount (Fixed): The lowest profile mount, offering 360° lens rotation. It is designed to be low and out-of-the-way, and is compatible with the SnapTray VHB bases from Replay XD, of which three are included
HeimLock Mount (Swivel/Tilt): Features spherical adjustment with an eccentric cam-lock for extra secure mounting. In addition to 360° lens rotation, the mount provides 360° camera rotation and 8° of tilt. It will attach to any of the three included SnapTray VHB bases
Three mounting bases are included. The Flat SnapTray and Curved SnapTray, which both include 3M adhesive pads for affixing to flat and curved surfaces respectively--anything from helmets, to surfboards, vehicles, snowboards and more. And the Tripod SnapTray, which is an adapter for mounting the camera on any tripod, suction cup, or other third-party camera support with a 1/4"-20 screw
- 120° Wide Angle Lens
- With a 30% larger image sensor than its bigger sibling, the XD1080, the 1080 Mini features a 120° ultra-wide angle-of-view when set to 720p mode, and a still very wide 110° angle-of-view at 1080p and 5MP still photo modes. In addition, third-party filters and converter lenses may be added using the ProLens 37MM Adapter, sold separately
- Built-In Mic with AGC (Auto Gain Control)
- The internal mic features AGC designed so the 1080 Mini can capture ambient sounds without going to hot and clipping or going to low and introducing perceptible signal noise. In addition, external audio adapters, sold separately, allow you to use Replay XD's own lavaliere system or even plug in just about any 3.5mm mini jack mic you want
- "One-Touch" Operation
- The Power and Record buttons require a simple touch, with vibration feedback and indicator lights for each command
- Image Quality and Audio Switches
- Two switches at the back allow you to adjust key settings. One toggles between 1080p30 and 720p60 while the other between the internal mic and an external audio source. You can also reprogram what these switches do through the Advanced Settings Menu
- Waterproof Down to 10'
- At home in the rain, snow, mud, sand, or even many aquatic adventure sports, the 1080 Mini can be safely submerged down to 10' underwater. It features a double o-ring sealed lens bezel, rear cap, and top push buttons to keep out those harsh elements