The Lightning Strike! MultiTrigger Pro 4.0 Lithium Shutter Trigger from AEO Photo is a light-activated camera triggering device to capture images of lightning, fireworks, gunfire and other light-generating events. The MultiTrigger Pro also provides a motion activated trigger to release the camera's shutter upon detection of movement within a 135º field of view.
It improves upon version 3.0 with the inclusion of a new Lithium 14500 rechargeable battery that, along with the unit's low power consumption, enables up to 180 hours continuous operation on a single charge. The MultiTrigger Pro 4.0 model provides built-in battery charging capability via its USB Micro B input which features an internal charge safety circuit. The unit can also be powered by the USB connection while charging or without batteries installed. A low battery LED indicator is provided
Also, a low profile "positive action" switch design prevents accidental activation, optimized noise immunity reduces unwanted firings and a fast 0.3 ms trigger lag time serves to capture shots that might otherwise be missed. The MultiTrigger Pro model features a manual sensitivity control override for exacting control of trigger activation.
The MultiTrigger Pro is very compact, measuring just 2.75" long and attaches directly to your camera's hot shoe mount and offers a locking hot shoe and tripod mount. Its 2.5mm built-in connector accepts cables (sold separately) from numerous cameras. Proprietary electronics allow for image review after every shot and a low profile LED minimizes reflection of light when used shooting through windows and windshields.
- Operates on a single Lithium-Ion 14500 (AA) 3.6V rechargeable battery (included). Low power design enables up to 180 hours of continuous shooting on single charge. The Pro model includes a built-in USB Micro B charging port. The USB connection can power the unit and charge the battery during operation and a low battery warning indicator is supported
- Compact, solid lightning trigger, measures 2.75 x 2.25 x 0.75" (7.0 x 5.7 x 1.9 cm)
- Detects lightning in the distance and triggers your camera with only a 0.3 milliseconds lag and 1.5 kV isolation from camera electronics. Manual Sensitivity Control Override (Lightning Mode only) allows exacting control of trigger response for unique shots and when working in varied environments
- The MultiTrigger Pro also supports a PIR Passive Motion Detector that detects "slight motion" within a 135° field of view and triggers the camera's shutter. This is ideal for wildlife photography as well as other applications. A mode switch selects between motion and lightning triggers
- Attaches directly to your camera's hot shoe with a locking hot shoe and tripod mount
- Proprietary electronics allow for image review after every shot
- Low profile "positive action" slide switch will not accidentally activate and drain battery
- Low profile LEDs minimizes reflection of light when used shooting through windows
- The Lightning Strike! 4.0 version has been upgraded to improve its noise immunity from man-made sources. This helps to reduce unintended camera firings from cell-phones, car lights, etc
- Compatible with numerous cameras based on separate purchase of camera-specific cable. 2.5mm interface accepts all AEO cables for a variety of cameras
- Includes protective velour pouch