The ATIV Book 2 NP270E5J-K01US 15.6" Notebook Computer from Samsung features a portable design with a mineral ash black finish. Measuring 1.25" thin and weighing just under 5 pounds, the ATIV Book 2 combines portability with performance.
The 15.6" widescreen display features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a HD 1366 x 768 native resolution. The screen has LED backlighting, which uses less power and provides more energy efficiency than their CCFL counterparts. The display has an anti-reflective finish and a brightness of 220 nits, which allows you to use the ATIV BOOK 2 in brightly lit environments. Visuals are handled by the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
The system is powered by a dual-core 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i5-4200U processor. It also has 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 1TB 5400 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 3-in-1 media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are built-in stereo speakers SoundAlive technology.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
ATIV Book 2
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance
- The ATIV Book 2 houses a 4th-gen Haswell Intel Core i5-4200U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.6 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The Haswell processor uses low voltage, which provides improved battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores into 4 virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking.
- 15.6" Anti-Reflective LED-Backlit Display
- The Samsung ATIV Book 2 has a 15.6" LED-backlit display with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, you'll be able to play 720p HD content natively with upscaling or letterboxing. The screen has an anti-reflective finish and a 220-nit brightness, which allows you to use the ATIV Book 2 in brightly lit environments. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
- Samsung SideSync
- Your smartphone and the ATIV Book 2 sync together with Samsung SideSync. Docking automatically syncs all files on your smartphone with the ATIV Book 2. It also charges your smartphone as well. With SideSync, you can switch between the ATIV Book 2 and your smartphone. Copy and paste from the ATIV Book 2 to your smartphone and vice versa. Drag and drop files and view them on your smartphone. Virtual Phone lets you view your phone on your PC screen in a variety of sizes, while enjoying all your phone functions. Draw on your virtual phone using your mouse with On-Screen Drawing. Record your drawing and view the video on your smartphone.
- Samsung HomeSync Lite
- Use your ATIV Book 2 as a cloud hub. You'll be able to easily sync your devices with Samsung HomeSync Lite. Back up content on your ATIV Book 2. Make your ATIV Book 9 Lite a cloud hub where photos, videos, music and files from your devices are stored. When devices are synced with Samsung HomeSync Lite, take a photo on your phone, and it's instantly uploaded to your ATIV Book 2, ready to be viewed on all connected devices. Create a home cloud with Samsung HomeSync Lite.
- Wireless Connectivity
- For Internet access, you can connect wirelessly with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. You can use Bluetooth 4.0 to wirelessly connect to all your peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard.
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.