The Nipros HDF-700SK 7" Viewfinder with Studio Hood & Mount features a 7" LCD screen with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels that accepts SD/HD-SDI inputs. The monitor features side mounting holes that allow you to attach the included studio hood and mounting bracket. The monitor supports 8-bit video, and features a variety of camera tools that make it suitable for on camera monitoring.
The monitor's front panel includes direct function buttons that allow you to access monitor functions without first having to scroll through a menu system. Front panel knobs allow you fingertip control of brightness, contrast and your peaking adjustments. Monitoring functions include monochrome mode, peaking, advanced zebra, vectorscope, waveform, return video with P-in-P functionality. The tally function allows you to monitor an available camera within a multi-camera shoot. The studio hood and mounting bracket shades the monitor from the glare of studio lighting and the bracket provides the monitor with vertical and tilt adjustment.
- The waveform provides an objective evaluation of your video signal. It displays the brightness of your image on an IRE scale, allowing you to see if your image will clip and where your black levels are.
- The vectorscope displays the signal on a graph so you can check the phase of your colors. The vectorscope function also verifies and checks the overall tint and hue of an image.
- Peaking highlights the sharpest (most in focus) areas of the image.
- Advanced Zebra
- Set the upper IRE limit on the monitor and any part of the frame that is brighter than the set limit will flash pulsing zebra bars. You can set an upper and lower zebra limit.
- The monitor allows you to display the levels of all embedded audio channels.