The Dracast On-Camera Variable Color Temperature LED Light with Aluminum Chassis incorporates 160 LEDs, 80 daylight balanced and 80 tungsten balanced, with a CRI rating of 95, providing illumination with accurate color reproduction. It features an aluminum chassis for strength and durability but weighs only half a pound. It features a built-in variable dimmer that can dim the lights output from 100 to 0% without flicker at any frame rate. A separate knob controls the color temperature balance of the LEDs.
The light produces a 45° beam angle, providing bright light with an even spread. It features a slot for available diffusion gel (not included) so you can easily soften the light without having to tape or pin diffusion onto the light. You can power the unit by using the included AC power adapter, connecting it to the DC input socket, or using an optional Sony L type battery to power the unit. A 1/4"-20 threaded hole allows you to mount the light to your camera's accessory shoe via the included hot shoe adapter.
- Daylight Color Temperature & Dimming
- The 160AB features 160 LEDs, 80 tungsten and 80 daylight balanced LEDs.
- A single knob controls the color temperature balance.
- The maximum brightness of the light is reached when the color temperature is set about half way between tungsten and daylight.
- A single knob controls the dimming of the unit, with a flicker free brightness range of 100 to 0%.
- It features a slot for diffusion or color correction gel.
- The light unit features a built-in Sony L type battery plate.
- The light incorporates a 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole in the bottom of the unit for light stand or accessory mounting. Using the included hot shoe mount allows you to mount the light to your camera via the hot shoe connector.
- Battery Level Indicator
- Pressing the battery test button, marked as "T" on the back panel of the unit, shows the remaining battery life on 4 green LEDs.