The USB 3.0 to Dual 2.5/3.5" HDD/SSD Docking Station with UASP from StarTech allows you to dock and swap drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously using a single USB port.
Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this hard drive docking station lets you get the most out of drive technologies, such as SATA III (6 Gbps), solid state drives (SSD), and hybrid drives, with performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OS X (10.8 or above), and Linux.
In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance. UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources. Please note that StarTech achieved these results by testing the docking station with a computer that has a 3rd generation Ivy Bridge Intel processor and a SATA III solid state drive.
The hard drive dock features independent power buttons for each drive, ensuring that you can operate each hard drive separately. This gives you the freedom to hot-swap one drive while transferring data to another.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, this docking station supports a wide variety of operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Google Chrome OS.
- Supports SATA III (6 Gbps) and UASP for optimal performance
- Independent power buttons for each hard drive
- Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 (5 Gbps / 480 Mbps / 1.5 Mbps)
- Supports both 2.5" and 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD)
- Dual bay, top slot-loading design with drive doors