The Thunder2 Quad External 4-Bay Enclosure from Akitio is an external storage array that can house up to four 2.5" or 3.5" drives and is compatible with Windows and Mac systems. Each drive is housed in one of four bays which have removable trays for future upgrades or replacements. Each bay has a SATA II or SATA III interface for connecting SSDs or hard drives. When four drives are installed, the array can be software-configured into a RAID that emphasizes performance when accessing data, redundancy if a drive fails, or a balance of both.
Two Thunderbolt 2 ports allow you to daisy chain the Thunder2 Quad with up to five Thunderbolt devices, such as additional external drives or a monitor. A large quiet fan that spins at 1900 RPM provides active cooling and the aluminum casing provides heat dissipation for passive cooling. A large handle on top allows you to more easily move the enclosure. Along with the array, Akitio has provided a Thunderbolt cable and power adapter.
- Thunderbolt 2 interface for lighting fast transfer speeds of up to 20 Gbps
- Comes with two Thunderbolt 2 ports, supporting storage and display
- Large and quiet low speed fan (1900 RPM) for active cooling
- Removable trays for easy SSD and/or HDD installation
- Large handle provides comfortable grip when relocating the device