The Inspiron 17R i17RM-324sLV 17.3" Notebook Computer from Dell is a multimedia desktop replacement notebook computer. Its large 17.3" HD+ Truelife widescreen display is backlit with LED lights, which are more energy efficient and last longer than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1600 x 900 native resolution powered by Intel HD Graphics 4400. The display has a glossy finish, which provides vibrant color.
The system is powered by a dual-core 4th generation Haswell 1.7 GHz Intel Core i3-4010U processor. It also has 6GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 500GB 5400 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam, and a microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio 4 audio technology.
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Dell Inspiron 17R
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i3 Performance
- The Inspiron 17R houses a 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i3-4010U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.7 GHz. The Haswell processor uses low voltage, which extends battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 3MB of L3 cache, 6GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, the Inspiron 17R allows you to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently.
- 17.3" HD+ TruBrite LED-Backlit Display
- With its 17.3" HD+ widescreen display, you'll be able to enjoy the full visual impact of your movies in 720p HD quality. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1600 x 900 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. The Inspiron 17R also has built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio 4 technology for cinematic sound quality. You can also connect to an external display, such as an HDTV via the HDMI port.
- Stay Connected
- Gain access to the Internet using the reliable wired Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. If you prefer to go wireless, you can use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. Bluetooth 4.0 technology on the Dell Inspiron 17R allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-compatible accessories, such as a Bluetooth mouse.
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can provide data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 as well.
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- The Inspiron 17R houses a SuperMulti DVD burner, which allows you to read and write both CDs and DVDs.
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.