The Slik PRO 624 CFL Tripod is a camera support made from 8X multi-layered carbon fiber. It can hold 8.8 lb of gear, extends from 4.1" to 43.5", and folds down to 15.1" for transport.
The tripod's leg sections are secured via Speed Release leg Locks (SLR) and feature an anti-rotational system, preventing the sections from twisting inside of each other, and making it easier to extend or collapse the legs. The rapid center column is constructed from two parts, so that when one is removed a short center column is available for getting your camera as low as possible.
Each leg has an independent lock that sets it to one of three angles varying the height and stance of the tripod, and making it easier to set up the tripod on uneven ground. Two of the legs have foam grips, making carrying the tripod more comfortable, especially in cold or hot weather, and an included carrying bag protects your tripod during transport.
- The Speed Release leg Locks are spring-loaded flip locks that do not snap back, reducing the chance of pinching fingers.
- 8X Multi-Layered Carbon Fiber
- Made from 8 layers of inter-woven carbon strands that are bonded together in a sealed, high-pressure furnace. When finished, this material is more than 40% lighter than standard aluminum, and very rigid.
- The Anti-Rotational System is designed to prevent the leg tubes from rotating inside each other, making it easier to lock and release.
- Multi-Angle Leg Locks
- Each leg has an independent lock that sets in one of three angles to vary the height and stance of the tripod. The three settings are for maximum height, waist level, or low-angle photography. It also makes it easier to set up the tripod on uneven ground.
- Built-in Short Column
- The center column unscrews into two pieces to create a much shorter column for use in low angle photography, or to reduce weight.