The XJ-M241 Signature Model XGA DLP Multimedia Projector from Casio features a hybrid LED/laser light source that outputs 2500 lumens and lasts up to 20,000 hours. A single-chip 0.65" DLP imaging device delivers an image at 1280 x 800 (WXGA) native resolution and 4:3 native aspect ratio. Thanks to internal scaling capability, the projector can also accept non-native signals up to 1080p for HDTV and 1600 x 1200 (UXGA) for computer sources.
For connection to a variety of devices, including computers, Blu-ray disc and DVD players, document cameras, and more, the projector features VGA, HDMI, and composite inputs. The VGA input can also be adapted to accept a component signal using an adapter or adapter cable, available separately. For analog audio, there is a stereo RCA jack paired with the composite input, and a 3.5mm mini jack paired with the VGA input. Audio can be output using the built-in 5-watt mono speaker or sent to amplified speakers or a PA system using the 3.5mm mini jack output. There is also an RS-232 port so the projector can be operated remotely using custom software or automation systems such as Crestron.
- Single Chip DLP Technology
- Uses a 0.65" chip covered in millions of micro-mirrors to produce an image. DLP features less spacing between pixels and better contrast than many comparable LCD-based systems, and the design does not require a filter that needs to be replaced.
- 1.5x Manual Zoom with 1.32 to 1.93:1 Throw Ratio
- Throw ratio is one of the most important specifications a projector lens has as it tells you the image size (width) you will get at a given distance from the screen. For example, at the 1.23x zoom setting and a 15' distance, this projector will throw a 115"-wide (136"-diagonal) image.
- Laser/LED Hybrid Light Source
Combines the light produced by a laser array and a mercury-free LED lamp to provide a light source outputting 2500 lumens, which is more energy efficient than conventional projector lamps and features a life up to 20,000 hours. Additionally, with this lamp the projector reaches its maximum brightness in a as little as eight seconds and requires no cooling down period.
Note: The Slim Hybrid Light Source can only be replaced by the Casio Factory Service Center. Disassembly of the projector and/or use of its technology or components for other purposes is potentially dangerous.
- 16:10 Native Aspect Ratio
- This projector features a 16:10 native aspect ratio. This is considered a widescreen format, and comes very close to the 16:9 standard of HDTV. This format is ideal if you plan to show HD video, and can still be used for presentations - though in the case of PowerPoint presentations, some extra space may be leftover on the sides. The projector can show 4:3 too; however, black bars (pillaring) will have to be applied, or the image will have to be stretched or cropped to fit.
- RS-232 Controllable
- An RS-232 port allows you to operate this projector remotely using custom-developed software or an automation system such as Crestron.
- Supports DLP-Link Active 3D Glasses
- Because of the high scan rate of the DLP devices, 3D sync data for active shutter glasses can be sandwiched between video frames. This requires a compatible graphics card and compatible software - such as a 3D video game - as well as DLP-Link enabled 3D glasses, available separately.