Stream and share your entire multimedia library with the Diskstation DS415play 4-Bay NAS Server from Synology. This NAS storage solution comes equipped with four drive bays each capable of holding 2.5" or 3.5" SATA II/III hard drives or solid state drives. Inside the DS415play you will find a 1.6 GHz dual-core processor and 1GB or DDR3 RAM. You can also take advantage of three USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports to connect additional storage and expansion devices. Network connectivity is provided via the 1 Gigabit Ethernet port also located on the back of the server.
As with most NAS servers this Synology NAS is capable of storing and streaming content. What sets this apart from comparable devices is its ability to stream and manage multimedia content to a wide variety of peripherals including DLNA certified TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, game systems, and more; and with 1080p transcoding on the fly your content is rendered in Full HD.
Accessing content on the go is an essential aspect of any NAS storage device. With QuickConnect from Synology you can access your files via a relay service even if your Synology NAS is hidden in a local network. Content can also be accessed from a variety of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone based mobile devices through apps including DS photo+, DS audio, DS video, Photo Station, Audio Station, and Video Station effectively placing Terabytes of content in the palm of your hand.
- Built to Entertain
Synology DS415play is a ready media server designed for users who have a huge multimedia library and are eager to share them. With four drive bays, the DS415play allows for flexible RAID configurations to achieve efficient data redundancy. The DS415play comes with a dual core CPU and 1GB of DDR3 RAM, delivering an average 112.45 MB/sec read speed and 101.21 MB/sec write speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment.
Powered by a hardware accelerated transcoding engine, the DS415play features 1080p Full HD video transcoding on the fly, simplifying the process of sharing videos with your smart TV, network media player, mobile devices and PC. The DS415play comes with the external interfaces you need - up to three USB 2.0 ports to power multiple peripheral devices concurrently, and another two USB 3.0 ports for high speed external storage exchange. Designed with both safety and convenience in mind, DS415play contains hot-swappable tool-less hard drive trays to enable hassle-free hard drive installation and risk-free hard drive replacement.
- Full Multimedia Features
- With a DS415play you can manage your multimedia contents and share them with your smart TV, Android TV box, network media player, tablets and phones, Windows PC, Mac, and Linux computers. Photo Station's intuitive design allows you to organize photos into customized categories, smart albums and blog posts, and link them to social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, Picasa, Weibo and QQ within a few clicks. Audio Station comes with a built-in lyrics plugin, Internet radio, and support for DLNA, AirPlay, and Bluetooth speakers for quality playback. With Video Station, movies and seasons of TV shows are automatically indexed with online metadata. You can also record your favorite programs with DTV tuners (currently supporting DVB-T, DVB-S and DTMB standards).
- DLNA-Certified Media Server
- As a certified DLNA DMS (Digital Media Server), the DS415play also serves as a ready media server with the capability to host digital multimedia contents for remote playback. DLNA-compliant devices can access the shared contents in DS415play in the same local area network without the fuss over privilege settings. Not only does it make your multimedia bank available without any preconfiguration, Synology mobile apps transform your mobile device into the remote control of your DS415play, sending movies and photos to your TV or music to your speaker right from the palm of your hand.
- Synology QuickConnect and Mobile Apps
For users whose network environment is lacking a public IP address or the ability to configure port-forwarding, QuickConnect provides a relay service for you to access your Synology NAS from anywhere around the globe, even when it's hidden in a local area network. With a customizable QuickConnect ID, you can log in to Synology NAS from the DSM browser interface, Synology desktop utilities, and mobile apps.
Synology provides mobile applications that let you enjoy the full variety of your multimedia library even when you're on the go, allowing you to reach for your private albums, music and video collection at home in DS415play. Available on iOS, Android and Windows Phone platforms, DS photo+, DS audio, and DS video mobilize your Photo Station, Audio Station and Video Station, potentially placing terabytes of content at your fingertips. On top of that, DS download makes it possible for you to manage and monitor your download tasks remotely and DS file allows you to access the files on the DS415play whenever required.
- Easy Setup and Management
- Combined with a quick start widget, users can simultaneously tour the DSM operating system and set it up to use right away. For users unfamiliar with complicated router configurations or those who simply want to save time, the Synology EZ-Internet Wizard simplifies the process of setting up access to the Synology DS415play from the Internet. EZ-Internet Wizard walks you through all of network settings including firewall, port-forwarding, PPPoE setup and DDNS registration. The multi-tasking web UI on DSM allows users to run multiple applications simultaneously on one tab browser and switch between them instantly. Synology Hybrid RAID allows you to reach maximum use of your hard drive while keeping your storage safe with data redundancy.
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
- Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a web-based OS that provides private cloud service. The built-in Package Center allows you to download and install the packages designed specifically for your unique needs. The simple interface allows you to obtain and configure storage capacity with minimal friction. It provides you with complete control of your personal cloud and lets you access it anywhere. Synology DSM will help you maximize productivity and get more out of your digital assets with minimal fuss.
- Energy Efficient with Cool and Quiet Design
- Synology DS415play is designed with energy efficiency in mind. Not only does it provide two 92 X 92 mm fans and smart airflow to keep the system running cool 24/7, its noise dampening design makes it really quiet compared to PC counterparts. The hard drive hibernation can further reduce power consumption and operation cost.