The Sony PDW-HD1550 Professional Disc Recorder is a half-rack-size disc recorder which supports triple- and quad-layer discs, enabling a recording duration of more than three hours even in Full-HD MPEG HD422 format. In addition to MPEG HD422, this recorder supports XAVC Intra HD record/playback, as well as MPEG IMX and DVCAM formats in the SD domain. For SxS users, the PDW-HD1550 Recorder is equipped with a USB interface which supports an SxS and Professional Disc bridge solution. This recorder can realize smooth jog/shuttle operation by creating proxy data. The PDW-HD1550 is a reliable recording tool for a broad range of HD and SD production applications.
Note! An optional XDBK-106 software key is required for XAVC operation.
- Sustains Long-duration Recording
- The PDW-HD1550 supports cost-effective professional disk media, specifically developed with every consideration for professional recording applications. By supporting triple- and quad-layer professional discs, the PDW-HD1550 can sustain long-duration recording in MPEG HD422 up to approximately 240 minutes (50 Mb/s) with the PFD128QLW Professional Disc (not included). 1
- Multi-Format Capability
- The PDW-HD1550 has a highly flexible multi-format recording and playback capability as standard. Users can select recording and playback formats from HD (MPEG HD422 50 Mb/s and MPEG HD420 35 Mb/s / 25 Mb/s), and SD (MPEG IMX50/30 and DVCAM) in a variety of frame frequencies. In addition, 100 Mb/s XAVC Intra HD record/playback is supported in MXF file format which can be used in current XDCAM workflows. 2
- Co-Operation with External Media
- The PDW-HD1550 is equipped as standard a USB interface. Connecting an optional SxS reader/writer, the SBAC-US20, the user can easily copy recorded SxS clips to Professional Disc. This allows shooting with an SxS camcorder and then archiving to large-capacity Professional Disc media. Also, a simple copy is available by connecting an external USB HDD/SSD drive.
- Smooth Jog/Shuttle Dial Operation
- The PDW-HD1550 is equipped with a jog/shuttle dial and RS-422 control, providing VTR-like operation (Jog: -1 to +1 times normal speed; Variable: -2 to +2 times normal speed; Shuttle: -20 to +20 times normal speed). Created proxy data can support smooth frame-by-frame transitions even in XAVC format, which is equivalent to HD422 quality and helps the user to not miss any frame when checking recorded clips. 3
- Other Key Features
- The recorder can operate using either AC, DC, or battery power. It features a tilt-up front panel, RS-422A 9-pin remote control interface, Disc Exchange Cache, simple copy and backup by external USB device, up/down-conversion, and cross-conversion between 1080i and 720p.