Combine the image quality of a 20.4MP, 30x zoom camera with the sharing capabilities of a smartphone using the Cyber-shot DSC-QX30 Lens-Style Digital Camera from Sony. The QX30 features a 1/2.3" Exmor R CMOS sensor and a lens with a 35mm focal length equivalent of 24-750mm. Like its predecessors, the QX30 is a camera that can be attached to your smartphone, and can use the phone's screen for compensation, image review, and menu navigation. It can also be used either handheld or mounted on a tripod.
SteadyShot optical image stabilization provides effective low light capture. The lens on the QX30 is a Sony G 30x optical zoom lens with the 35mm focal length equivalent of 24-750mm. This provides a very versatile focal length range that incorporates true wide angle to long telephoto capability.
The QX30 has built-in Wi-Fi which connects to your iOS or Android smartphone and uses the PlayMemories Mobile App to turn your phone into a viewer and menu control for the camera. With Android smartphones, NFC (Near Field Communication) enables a Wi-Fi connection with just a simple tap between the phone and camera. Furthermore, with the Wi-Fi connection enabled, you can use your smartphone as a remote control and shoot with the camera detached from the smartphone. In addition, a zoom lever and shutter button on the camera enable you to shoot without a smartphone at all and view your images later. The camera can utilize Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro Mark II and microSD and microSDHC memory cards for image storage.
HD 1080p at 60 fps in the MP4 format is supported by the QX30 for quality video capture and a built-in stereo microphone records audio. Also, the camera offers numerous features such as Intelligent Auto, Superior Auto and Face Detection. There are 44 scene modes in Superior Auto and 33 in Intelligent Auto to enable the camera to match your shot with one of the numerous stored scenes and automatically adjust the settings to create a well-balanced and color-accurate photo.
- Clips to and Works with your Smartphone
- Use the included adjustable, spring-loaded bracket to attach the QX30 to your smartphone and connect via Wi-Fi and the Sony PlayMemories app to set up your camera and start shooting.
- 20.4MP 1/2.3" Exmor R CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
- High resolution 20.4-megapixel imagery at an ISO up to 3200, or 12,800 when expanded, is possible thanks to the combination of a 1/2.3" Exmor R CMOS sensor and the BIONZ X image processor. The DSC-QX30 allows you to transform your smartphone into a more capable digital camera and this will produce low noise images, even in low light.
- 30x Sony G Optical Zoom Lens
- With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 25-750mm, the 30x Sony G lens mounted to the DSC-QX30 allows users to capture images in a very wide range of conditions from wide angle to super telephoto. It has a maximum aperture of f/3.5-6.3 and the lens also features 5 aspheric elements to help control distortion and aberrations. Additionally, Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is included to help reduce the effects of camera shake at slower shutter speeds and longer focal lengths.
- Full HD Video Recording at 60 fps
- Along with stills, the DSC-QX30 is capable of recording full HD 1920 x 1080p video at up to 60 fps. It can record at 30 fps as well and will save the video as an MP4 file. Additionally, stereo audio is recorded with a built-in mic.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices, with no complex set-up required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and control settings using the PlayMemories Mobile app.
- Other Camera Features
- Saves files to microSD and Memory Stick Micro memory cards.
- Continuous shooting speed of 10 fps.
- Optical SteadyShot Active Mode for optical and electronic stabilization during video.
- Clear Image Zoom for 60x zoom at full resolution.
- Aperture diaphragm features 5 blades.