Convert your smartphone into an interchangeable lens camera with the ILCE-QX1 Mirrorless Lens-Style Digital Camera from Sony. This model features the Sony E lens mount along with a 20.1-megapixel APS-C Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and the BIONZ X image processor to provide detailed imagery and full high definition video at 30p. This camera also has a built-in flash with a guide number of 13' for working in low-light conditions.
In addition to these shooting capabilities, the QX1 has the ability to record RAW image files for use with advanced editing techniques. It can also shoot continuously at a rate of 3.5 fps for up to 15 frames and utilizes a 25-point contrast detection autofocus system for quickly capturing sharp images. This system can lock on to moving subjects.
The QX1 has built-in Wi-Fi which connects to your iOS or Android smartphone and uses the PlayMemories Mobile App to turn your phone into a viewer and menu control for the camera. With Android smartphones, NFC (Near Field Communication) enables a Wi-Fi connection with just a simple tap between the phone and camera. Furthermore, with the Wi-Fi connection enabled, you can use your smartphone as a remote control and shoot with the camera detached from the smartphone. In addition, a zoom lever and shutter button on the camera enable you to shoot without a smartphone and view your images later. The camera can utilize Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro Mark II and microSD and microSDHC memory cards for image storage.
- Sony E Lens Mount
- Allows you to work with a wide selection of Sony interchangeable lenses. You can use all E-mount lenses and, with an optional adapter, A-mount lenses. This allows you to achieve the unique look and effect necessary to create the photograph you desire.
- 20.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
- The 20.1 MP APS-C-sized Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor work together to produce high resolution, detailed imagery with minimal noise and notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 16000. The processor also contributes to providing a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including a fast 25-point contrast-detection AF system, top continuous shooting rate of 3.5 fps, and full HD 1080p video recording in multiple frame rates.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Full HD 1080p video recording is supported at 30 fps to produce high resolution movies with a smooth, cinematic look. Videos are recorded using the MP4 format and a built-in stereo microphone records sound.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables the QX1 to connect with a mobile device for live view and changing setting as well as to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required.
- Other Camera Features
- RAW file recording is possible for advanced editing techniques.
- A built-in pop-up flash is available to provide additional illumination when working in dim lighting.
- Convenient USB charging allows you to charge the included lithium-ion battery in-camera via USB connection from either an AC outlet or PC source.
- Saves files to microSD and Memory Stick Micro memory cards.
- Up to 440 shots on a single battery charge.
- Tripod thread on bottom of camera.