The Photek Softlighter II Umbrella with 7mm Shaft takes light from your strobe head or monolight, reflects it into its white, silver, or gold panel, then softens it again with a diffuser on its way out.
This ultra soft, 36" umbrella includes one each gold and silver light enhancing discs. These light modifiers can warm the color of your light or give it more sparkle and contrast, as well as increasing light output by a half stop.
Some older flash heads (such as Elinchrom, Profoto) have very narrow (7 mm) umbrella receptors. This Softligher model has a narrower-than-standard shaft to fit such a light.
This size is perfect for 1-2 person head shots, or up to a 4x6 ft product setup.
Note: The 7 mm shaft on this model is not removable.
- Unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface, more perfect circle of light - more flattering catch lights in the subject's eyes.
- The removable black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet light, enhancing total light control.
- With removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the Softlighter II becomes a "softbox" -- a shoot-through diffuser, providing light that can be used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill.
- Note: For mounting shoe mount flash units to the Softlighter II a shoe mount light stand/umbrella adapter is necessary. Shoe mount flash units must be set to Manual because the entire flash will be inside the umbrella (unless the flash unit is equipped with a remote sensor).
- Note: For strobe use only -- not for use with hot lights, or modeling lights over 250 watts.